Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A story and message only a hotrodder will get.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A story and message only a hotrodder will get.

May 23rd, 2003. Thats a day I will always remember.

September 9th, 2006. Thats another day. Thats a day that I can remember one moment of exactly, even when the rest of the day is a blur.

You guys might be wondering why these 2 days stand out. its not my high school grad. not an anniversary. not any of that. but those two days are total opposites. One of them is the happiest memory I have. ever. better then when I met my current girlfriend. the other is a day that came crashing down.

May 23rd. I go to my dads house at age 14. Theres a squared shape under a car cover. yeah. that day.

Sept 9th. That red car comes to a halt, and wont start. its cob jobbed together, and driven home, put in the garage. For 3 years, its use is 2 short drives, That never happened. The mailman, the elderly neighbor, and the kid across the street. they caught small glimpses of what that small italian ladys garage held. but why did she have it? she didnt have a license. Guess its one of those mysterys.

over 3 years later, some kid and a guy with a truck showed up with a trailer. they were like the duo that dragged the old chevy home 6 years ago, but it wasnt the same. The red car was loaded up on a trailer, and driven to a new home. it wasnt pretty. there was dust, dirt, droppings, stains everywhere. the once gleanming black interior was grayed from disuse. The car promptly dumped half a gallon of fuel from a loose fitting. yeah, he was pissed. pissed he had to stay in a garage for 3 years. pissed that his once gleaming paintjob, though old and in bad shape, was no longer clean and freshly waxed. But that would change.

in 24 hours, the paint was gleaming, the interior was a crisp black, and That old hotrod was sitting in a suburban driveway, standing out in the streets sea of grey, black, and white. The brakes were changed. endlinks repaired. rockers re-adjusted. It ran better then ever. Not an hour went by that somebody didnt dtop to say something. Thats a great feeling right there.

So here we are. Its been becoming its own legend back in the hometown. And on september 12th, that car will be making its return to terroize the locals of lake george at the Adirondak nationals.

So heres something Ive wanted to say for years, something you guys will only understand: I cant do anything next weekend. Ill be out in my hotrod. So if any of you yanks see a kid in a red super sport, with a grin that cant be wiped, Thatll be me. The Rusty Rod has risen again.

Local person
    sigpic

Re: A story and message only a hotrodder will get.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burn a little rubber for the Forum Freaks,

Have a great time. We are all grinning with you. ;D ;D ;D ;D
    OH YEAH
    Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

I'll be there and keep an eye out for you.I'll have my gold 77 Monte carlo. Its got a BS sticker in the back window.

Comment

Man that's a bitchin' deal Rusty!

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Now aren't you glad you kept it?

Way to go..

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I'll be there, see ya on the streets.

Comment

A beautiful red 1966 Chevelle Super Sport ... I love it !!
              I had a yellow '67 Chevelle Super Sport and wish I had never sold it ....
              Enjoy !!!
              ;D

Comment

Thanks guys!

Ill look for ya up there saturday. You cant miss ours- normally its one of a couple 66's up there. havent seen another red 66 though. blue, black, and white.
                Local person
                sigpic

Comment

cool man have fun!!!! :D :D :D
                  COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Good story! Have fun!

Comment

totally cool. Enjoy the drive.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X