Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm a Man

Originally posted by malc
    After talking with Joe here for a few years I knew that he?d say that when he got around to posting in this thread.
    After talking with Malc here for a few years, I knew that he'd give Joe a hard time when he got around to posting in this thread.

Comment

After spending enough time with myself, I knew I'd post this thread
      Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

C'mon guys - this is great stuff, and I'm glad another young pup is finding that the greatest songs of all time were from the 60's and 70's

But the blues song of the same name is OWNED by Muddy Waters....different song - the best version IMHO is the one used in risky business soundtrack.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
          C'mon guys - this is great stuff, and I'm glad another young pup is finding that the greatest songs of all time were from the 60's and 70's

But the blues song of the same name is OWNED by Muddy Waters....different song - the best version IMHO is the one used in risky business soundtrack.
          I thought it was Bo Diddley that did it....

I thought I was wrong once, but upon closer observation, I was mistaken.

Ron
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I like the song, but I'm feeling like a man for other reasons.
            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

hijack -
              I paid $1.00 for Ronnie Woods' (Faces, Stones, etc.) book at the checkout of the Dollar Store ( I went in there for paint roller and cheap brushes) - pretty interesting reading.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Winwood became a member of the Spencer Davis Group in 1963 with his older brother Muff, he was 15. Steve co-wrote and recorded "Gimme Some Loving" and "I'm a Man" before leaving to form Traffic with Chris Wood, Jim Capaldi, and Dave Mason. Assume voice and talent......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                1966 Plymouth Fury III
                2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
                  Ronnie Woods' (Faces, Stones, etc.) book at the checkout of the Dollar Store - pretty interesting reading.
                  Ronnie played with the "Stones" as the new guy for 17-years before he was officially asked to "join the band" !!

Comment

You'd like that book Steve, lotsa good stuff. I'm only about 1/2 way thru but great reading. I'll send it to ya when I'm done, PM me your address if you want it.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

That would be really cool.
                      I've got "The Rolling Stones Unseen Archives" by Susan Hill, and
                      "Old Gods Almost Dead - The 40-year Odyssey of the Rolling Stones" by Stephen Davis.
                      I'll PM you my info, thanks !
                      ;D

Comment

Working...
                      X