Anyone speak Korean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone speak Korean?

I am doing a Korean language course for schoolwork and I am wondering if anyone on here speaks Korean?

Re: Anyone speak Korean?

I don't..... ;D
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Nope, not me ... but just out of curiosity, why the hell would you want to do that ?
      ???

Comment

2 towns from here , you would swear you were in seoul , korea , every sign is in korean

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
          Nope, not me ... but just out of curiosity, why the hell would you want to do that ?
          ???

I have my black belt in Tang Soo Do, and I already know some of the basics through that, and I always wanted to know more about the language, so I decided to do that instead of spanish or german. That and I'm just strange.

Comment

One of ME's student's Mom is from the old country. I'm sure she must speak Korean but I think she's been here since she was little - she speaks with little accent. I know they sent the kids to Korea this summer for a reindoctrination into their historical culture - the kids ARE American. Is there something she could do for you, like chat to help you develop your skills? I could ask. I think it's great that you are developing skills in another language - we Americans are really bad at that and in most developed countries folks have at least a couple of languages (usually including at least a bit of English).

Dan

Comment

That's cool and interesting.
              I am (was) a 7th Grade Green belt in Taekwondo, but have not practiced in years.
              .. actually a little stiff, must stretch a bit today !
              ;)

Comment

I would think there would be some good opportunities in being an American who spoke Korean...or Chinese. A Friend who spoke some Japanese worked on a project (in Japan) where they were able to help integrate operations between their U.S. employer and the local customer, and got good money and experience from it. I should think it would work the other way as well, such as helping a foreign client operate in America, particularly if you have engineering knowledge to go along with it.

Another friend who was bilingual had a great job with Sony facilitating communications between U.S. operations and the Mexican maquiladoras. Spanish is a sweet language but...there are already plenty of people who know it. Asian languages are more difficult but I'd bet supply & demand will be in the favor of anyone who wants to learn them.

Someone else I know well insisted on wasting two years of high school in German classes. There is little need in the world for any American who sorta knows German.

Comment

black belt ?!?!?! haha - bring it !!

Comment

.... i thought for a sec there we had another shaggy.... ;)
                    "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

"Daewoo" and 'Kia",see? I'm a natural ;D!! ~J/W.

Comment

repeat after me - Kimchee smell bad
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

sorry man, I havent got good at english yet!
                          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Hana Beckchu kam sa me da.
                            Can I have another Beer.

Thats's it for me.

Comment

If you're ever in Seoul and get hungry late at night, and see a street vendor...

DO NOT EAT THE MEAT ON A STICK.

IT IS NOT BEEF.

Aside from that, Korea is a great place. The So-ju is NOT regulated by alcohol content, so it can vary. Low %, and you're wondering what flavor the water is... HIGH %, and you're wondering where the hell your clothes went.

Comment

Working...
                              X