Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bakersfield-CHRR

Couple of logistical questions.

Are there showers at the track, or should I bring my camp shower?

Where's the closest mini market to get things like beer, ice and food?
    (In that order)

We're going to be pitching a tent and roughing it at our vendor booth, so we have to plan ahead a little bit. No one wanted to be designated driver after Saturday's Cacklefest. Gotta do what you gotta do.

The Wednesday before we're going to the Museum and Motorbooks, anything else we have to see? Suggestions.
    scott

Re: bakersfield-CHRR

If there are showers at the track, I have never seen them. Just a dirty old Mens/Ladies room.
    Closest mini mart is right there as you get off the 99 freeway. There is nothing else between the freeway and the track. The food at that mini mart is iffie at best. Better stop at a grocery store and pack a cooler. That or pay the crazy prices for track food.
    If you are bringing a tent to put at your vendor booth, bring a broom and some kind of padding for in/under your tent. The beat up asphalt has a light layer of rocks from where the ashalt has slowly chipped up and scattered. Oh, and try not to park your tent on a pothole.
    Also, no trees to speak of. You want to bring a pop up of some sort.

Good luck.
    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Re: bakersfield-CHRR

I've raced at Bakersfield many times.. There are no showers, there are port-a-potties and a main men's and womens restroom. The cleanliness of the restrooms is always questionable, I prefer the port-a-potties. Depending on where your vendor table is set up, there is quite a lot of new asphalt there, but the old asphalt is more dirt than anything else. I always tow with my motorhome so I've got a place to stay, but in my younger days had no problem with camping on the ground with sleeping bags. With all it's faults (flies, ususally a really bad smell at night from the fertilizer mountain next door), It's still my favorite place to race just because of all the history. You'll have a great time!!...

Comment

Working...
      X