Strange Day with cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Day with cops

I had two give me thumbs up while driving around. On the way home, I was near the LAPD La Brea station. This police car goes by while I was in a left turn lane waiting. He makes a U and pulls in behind me. The cop driving was all up over his wheel looking at the car. The light turns green, I start to turn and puts on his lights. Swell, I thought. I wasn't doing anything, I wasn't even moving. He gets out of his car and was smiling. You don't see the LAPD smiling when they pull you over. He walked up past the quarter running his finger on the top of it. Normally, they hover their hands on their guns as they walk up.

When he gets to the window he immediately asks if it's an SS. Yes, I said. Very cool, I had one of these for years. Then he ensued to grille me on the specs. After a few minutes, he leaves running his other finger down the quarter on the way back to his car.

Also today, my friend, Carl, was in West Hollywood. He came up on a wreck blocking an intersection. The WH sheriff deputy was directing traffic down a side street in the wrong direction wanted to go. Carl pulled up to the intersection with his turn signal on to inform the sheriff he needs to go the other way. The sheriff sees him, stops all traffic, and walks up to his window. Carl was preparing to get yelled at. The sheriff stopped short of his window and looks over his car. He then sticks his head in the window and asks what's under the hood. Carl says it's a 383. The sheriff called him a bastard and walks back towards the middle of the intersection. He then waves Carl to go in the direction Carl wanted to go holding up all the traffic. As Carl drives by the sheriff, he calls a bastard again. Carl says thank you by smashing the gas pedal.

Somebody at Starbucks has been sneaking happy pills into the cops' coffee today.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Re: Strange Day with cops

Meanwhile, I very nearly went to jail last night. Seems they take exhibition of speed pretty seriously when your car is not registered or insured and you have no license.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
      Meanwhile, I very nearly went to jail last night. Seems they take exhibition of speed pretty seriously when your car is not registered or insured and you have no license.
      If they didn't impound the car and let you drive away in it; I'd say it was an early B-Day present.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Never had that happen to me Scott.

David: spill the story. What were driving?
        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Doh!!!!

But then you didn't go to jail, so he had to some what cool.

Comment

well it's about time you went for a little drive!
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Um, that's four strikes David !
              One you can usually get away with, two is taking a chance and three is asking for trouble.
              ;)

Comment

It is always nice to run into the "good" cops.....

And DF....you are a lucky bastard.

Seth
                200 mph or bust.......

Comment

THe guy who gave me some Eagle hubcaps once got a ticket for Exhibition of Speed in an 82 Eagle Wagon, 258 Auto
                  Exhibition of Speed and AMC Eagle NEVER go together, he floored it from a stop and flung up a rock he said
                  Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Given your state's budget shortfall, I'm surprised
                    you didn't get several citations.....
                    :D
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Around 1966 or so my friend Wayne and I were on the freeway in his Mini Cooper going to Van Nuys Bobs . Waynes Mini was a pretty hot little piece, a 1275 with Weber's and all the rest. Anyhow were going along about 80 when we got pulled over by a motorcycle cop. He ask if we knew how fast we were going and Wayne said "probably around 80, my speedo don't work so I really don't know " The Cop said " that's what I thought too, but I know this thing can't be as fast as a VW so I thought my speedo was off or something" Long story short he let us go ans told us not to do that anymore.
                      Off we go for a night of beating 55 Chevy's with the little wonder machine.

Comment

Wh-wh-what?!

The motoring Trifecta of doom? YOU?!?

Hell, you're starting to sound like SpeedJunkee....only difference being the whole "notoriety" thing(that, and he finally got his license back a couple of months ago...I bet him he couldn't beat his old record of losing it...he hasn't bit on that bet yet).

;D

Fess up...which car was it? Bonus points if it was the Bee. Reb, you lucky sonofa........yeah, I'm jealous.

I get pulled over for just LOOKING like I'm gonna speed

Comment

I met a cool cop one time, he pulled me over gave me a warning, and then
                          yelled "YEE HAWWW" when he left spinning his tires in the pursuit of a speeding
                          BMW!!! he told me he ran a street stock dirt car on saturday nights!!!! :D
                          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
                            Given your state's budget shortfall, I'm surprised
                            you didn't get several citations.....
                            :D

just because something is illegal doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. Can you say Ticket Quota? ;)

Comment

Working...
                            X