How much are you on the phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much are you on the phone?

This is the second part to Keith's thread.
    We know 70% are talking and driving.
    Now how much are you talking?
    I use about 4000 min a month.

Re: How much are you on the phone?

Man, thats alot of talking. I don't think I talk that much without mu phone!

I probably only use 200-300 . More if I'm out of town.
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Almost none..... all text messages and instant messaging. My best friend used 10,000 text messages a couple months ago. Im no where that extreme, maybe 200 per month.... but i hate talking on the phone, too many ackward silences

Comment

I'm usually not on the phone except when I'm at work, which is alot to parts suppliers.

Comment

between 45 and 600 minutes a month.... none if there isn't a race coming up... more coming up on Bonneville and Maxton meets...

K

Comment

Text messaging is going to be the death of normal verbal communication in the next generation. :P I can picture it now, spouses texting each other as they make love. :o

Comment

I text way to much while driving :-\

upwards of 4-6k messages on avg per month

Comment

I have no idea of how to text, and don't want to know. Not interested. On the phone or in person, you have the feedback of the inflections in the voice - completely lost in text. On here, it's a bit of an issue, but it's CHEAP and I can hook up with all of you!

Dan

Comment

As little as possible.
                  HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Tommygun

Yep Same here. Im gettin pretty good at steerin with my left knee... :

To those that curse text messaging... I dont know what I would do without it. I lost my hearing 10 years ago, and it REALLY comes in handy now. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUBBY

To those that curse text messaging... I dont know what I would do without it. I lost my hearing 10 years ago, and it REALLY comes in handy now. I love it.
                      Sad but true. I too have been known to jam out a text on my hackberry behind the wheel. Its like smoking, i know i shouldn't, but i do.

Text messaging is the greatest invention ever (ok, a bit much). The best part? you get the answer to your question w/out getting roped into a long winded lecture, er, discussion. (at least the girls i talk to)

Comment

I have 650 anytime minutes a month and I have never gone over. I usually have minutes to roll over and I live in a car four days a week while on the job. I just don't spend hours on the phone with dozens of people.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I guess 30 to 60 minutes a month at the most.
                          And then most of the time people will call me.
                          Texting on a regular mobilephone sucks big time. At least on the phones I've had. I can't believe all the spastic moves you have to make to create a simple line of text. One message takes up about 3 minutes, so I never sms unless I really have to.
                          I will be getting an iPhone in a week orso so that will be one problem less I guess. (iPhones aren't brought out yet by Apple here in the Netherlands)
                          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

You're EXACTLY the guy who ought to be using it, and I'm glad it's there for you. Just not my cup of tea. I have ringing in my years from too much playing rock&roll and too many fast cars and not enough hearing protection, so I can relate a little, but I'm not really handicapped by it. Carry On!

Dan

Originally posted by GRUBBY

Comment

I answer the phone in my sleep. I don't own a cell phone anymore, so I don't know how many minutes I spend on the phone, don't want to know. If I did, I could figure out how much of my life I'm going to spend talking to idiots. When I get home I don't want to hear the phone ring. My friends know if they need to talk to me they can come over to the shop or call me during the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X