Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tired of getting automatic speeding tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of getting automatic speeding tickets?

Put on a mask!
    Get breaking news and the latest headlines on business, entertainment, politics, world news, tech, sports, videos and much more from AOL

Escaped on a technicality.

Re: Tired of getting automatic speeding tickets?

That is funny, but I bet they get him in the end ....
    :P

Comment

They have surveillance video of him putting on the mask, according to the morning news. Gonna have to be more cleaver than that!

Dan

Comment

Yep. They said they had four tapes of him putting on a giraffe and monkey mask.

DOH!

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
          They have surveillance video of him putting on the mask, according to the morning news. Gonna have to be more cleaver than that!

Dan
          my bet - he wins the fight against the speeding tickets; but then gets a reckless driving ticket for putting on the mask.... there's a zillion problems trying to prove one camera is correct, that problem is manifold when there is more than one - bet the cops 'surprisingly' come up with a witness... >

and really, am I the only one that is concerned about the 1984 aspect of all of this?
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

you're not the only one.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy

and really, am I the only one that is concerned about the 1984 aspect of all of this?
              Please explain, I was pretty wasted through those years.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                Originally posted by Buickguy

Please explain, I was pretty wasted through those years.
                1984 is a book by George Orwell. Put away the sticky green for a few hours and read it.

Ron
                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

kids these days

My fabulous web page

Comment

Around here they have to be able to positively identify the driver as the owner of the car. Which means that more than 60% of the tickets they take get thrown out.

Here's a few things you can do if you see a photo radar and don't have time to slow down.

1) Pull down the sun visor and stick you head up in front of it, no picture of face no ticket.

2) Don't wash your windshield, if the picture isn't clear enough it gets thrown out.

3) Register the car you drive in your wife's name and vise versa, if the car is registered to a woman and a guy is driving it, guess what no ticket.

4) Wear sunglasses, no clean pic of your face and no ticket.

5) Get a mask of George Bush, but don't be stupid enough to be caught on camera putting it on. ;)

6) Be allert, here they post a sign 1/2 mile and 300ft before you hit the camera's. So if you get caught it's your own fault for not paying attention.

7) Don't speed.

8] My favorite, throw them the double bird making sure your covering your face, no clear picture of your face no ticket.

9) And if you do get a ticket and it comes in the mail ignore it, they have 120 days to serve you.

Comment

8] My favorite, throw them the double bird making sure your covering your face, no clear picture of your face no ticket.
                      me too

they only take a pic if you're doing 10 or more over, right?

funny thing is everyone slows down to 10 under when they go past the cameras. idiots.

I have to admit, traffic thru Phoenix on I-10 is a lot more sedate now than it used to be before they started this bullshit
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

On the other hand (to play the devils advocate) , I have been told many times that "Driving is a privilege, not a right". When you sign your name on the license, you agree to a certain amount of this Orwellian (a word ???) abuse. There are already cameras in stores, banks, public buildings, everywhere. It helps deter crime, which speeding is.

(That's why I save my criminal activity for the country, where there are no cameras :)

I guess my answer would be differant, if I didn't make money selling security cameras. ;D
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                          On the other hand (to play the devils advocate) , I have been told many times that "Driving is a privilege, not a right".
                          Well that is debatable and why the driver licenses here in Arizona are good until your 65 years old. You see a woman faught it in court here, saying that she didn't need a drivers licenses because it was a restriction of her freedom of movement by not having one. Meaning that the government had no right to limit the way and how fast it takes her to go from point A to point B.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel

me too

they only take a pic if you're doing 10 or more over, right?

funny thing is everyone slows down to 10 under when they go past the cameras. idiots.

I have to admit, traffic thru Phoenix on I-10 is a lot more sedate now than it used to be before they started this bullshit
                            Ya I hate that when they slow down, but it's getting better now that people realize they can go over the speed limit and not get flashed.

And I-10 is a joke, they got camera's about ever mile or so, makes for some interesting traffic during rush hour. >

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                              On the other hand (to play the devils advocate) , I have been told many times that "Driving is a privilege, not a right".
                              Well that is debatable and why the driver licenses here in Arizona are good until your 65 years old. You see a woman faught it in court here, saying that she didn't need a drivers licenses because it was a restriction of her freedom of movement by not having one. Meaning that the government had no right to limit the way and how fast it takes her to go from point A to point B.
                              I agree, it should be her right....until her speeding infringes on my right to travel the same road safely.
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                              X