Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tired of getting automatic speeding tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tired of getting automatic speeding tickets?

Originally posted by cobra
    Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
    On the other hand (to play the devils advocate) , I have been told many times that "Driving is a privilege, not a right".
    Well that is debatable and why the driver licenses here in Arizona are good until your 65 years old. You see a woman faught it in court here, saying that she didn't need a drivers licenses because it was a restriction of her freedom of movement by not having one. Meaning that the government had no right to limit the way and how fast it takes her to go from point A to point B.
    I agree, it should be her right....until her speeding infringes on my right to travel the same road safely.
    A agree that you should travel a prudent speed for the situation. But if it's 3:00 in the morning with no one on the road............

Comment

I just find it easier to not speed at all or if I do, just over by a few.

Does anyone else think it's funny that his windshield says "Bucktooth Racing" and he's driving a Hyundai?

Comment

On the other hand (to play the devils advocate) , I have been told many times that "Driving is a privilege, not a right".
        Well that is debatable and why the driver licenses here in Arizona are good until your 65 years old. You see a woman faught it in court here, saying that she didn't need a drivers licenses because it was a restriction of her freedom of movement by not having one. Meaning that the government had no right to limit the way and how fast it takes her to go from point A to point B.
        I agree, it should be her right....until her speeding infringes on my right to travel the same road safely.
        A agree that you should travel a prudent speed for the situation. But if it's 3:00 in the morning with no one on the road............
        i LOVE to drive fast. that's why I have fast cars, so i'm no better than her. however, if i get a ticket for speeding, and i know i've been speeding, i take the penalty without question. if i'm guilty, i'm guilty.

by the way, i'm guilty alot. however, like you said, it was always on an uncrowded freeway or backroad thru unpopulated areas. otherwise i never run more than 5 over the limit. ;)
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy

and really, am I the only one that is concerned about the 1984 aspect of all of this?
          No. You're not.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
            Originally posted by Buickguy

and really, am I the only one that is concerned about the 1984 aspect of all of this?
            No. You're not.
            Agreed, it's been getting closer to a non fiction book quite a bit lately.
            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I got pictured a few weeks ago doing 116kph in a 100kph zone.
              The pic was from the rear and the car owner is bound by law to
              send the details of the driver if not him/her to the DMV.
              And they are so nice, pay up quick and get discount, I paid 70Euros on a 100Euro fine.

Comment

Originally posted by malc
                I got pictured a few weeks ago doing 116kph in a 100kph zone.
                The pic was from the rear and the car owner is bound by law to
                send the details of the driver if not him/her to the DMV.
                And they are so nice, pay up quick and get discount, I paid 70Euros on a 100Euro fine.
                See that's the problem here, they want "ALL" the money up front, then if you don't pay you call them a year later and settle for a lesser amount. ;)

Comment

In Manitoba the ticket gets sent to the registered owner and the owner is responsible for payment of the ticket no matter who or what is driving.

Comment

From the same state that found a Hyundai Sonata doing 147 MPH... :

Just learned this morning that some of the Seattle-area suburbs (Lynnwood was mentioned) have started putting up cams. I'll agree for red-light problem areas and school zones. I do NOT agree with letting a camera do a cop's actual job. And I promise I'll take a picture of something highly interesting yet offensive and mail it to whatever institution that tries.

Better yet, I'll have a friend in a mask drive me down I-10, doing 100, with my ass hanging out the window. Oughta be priceless.

Seriously, I am highly concerned about this...
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

that camara sounds like a sucky deal! big bro is watching :o :o :o
                      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by scamp360
                        In Manitoba the ticket gets sent to the registered owner and the owner is responsible for payment of the ticket no matter who or what is driving.
                        Over here they want to know who is driving so if the offence is point worthy on the driving licence they get the right guy.

Comment

Here they don't care who is driving they just charge like crazy. It's all a tax grab and heaven knows they know how to tax.

Comment

Hey Scamp, are you from MB? Can I ask what city/town?

BTW, did you notice Winnipeg's red light cameras only work going in one direction?

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                              . I do NOT agree with letting a camera do a cop's actual job.
                              I got to say I disagree with this. Cops need to be doing better things with their time than handing out speeding tickets. And I am actually one that is for the Camera's, here they warn you that the Camera's are coming up, even the mobile ones have to put out signs telling you that they are coming up. So once you know where all the cameras are and if you keep a little alert it's really no big deal. Also having cameras prevents cops from pulling you over for speeding and then illegally searching your car, as so many of them do. So think about that the next time your driving down the road smoking a hootie. You might get the ticket, but at least your not going to jail.

As I see it the more I don't see cops and come in contact with them the better off I am. ;)

Not saying I don't like Cops, hell I was hanging out with about 10 of them last night at the block watch meeting, but usually when your talking with them it's because you did something wrong. :

Comment

Originally posted by cruisefever
                                Hey Scamp, are you from MB? Can I ask what city/town?

BTW, did you notice Winnipeg's red light cameras only work going in one direction?
                                Yes from Riverton about an hour north of the peg. Be in town Sunday for the Garden City show should be great now that summer is here. ;D ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X