epa bans lead weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: epa bans lead weights

You are right BigDad. How is it that most people, especially those quick to jump on the subject of guns, don't know this? You can't purchase lead shot for bb guns or pellet guns in most states anymore, and it's been gone from bird shot for a while now. The industry wants to change anyway, because the environmental restrictions are so tough it costs more and more to produce. Guys have been melting down lead wheel weights to make their own lead bars for years, and it's a bad thing to do even for me.

Steel shot is much easier to get, but has a downside as Bonneville weight because it will rust.
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
      Guys have been melting down lead wheel weights to make their own lead bars for years, and it's a bad thing to do even for me.

Those words speak volumes, coming from Chad :P.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

This will get interesting as the Geneva convention practically requires lead bullets for combat. Honestly the wheel weights isn't a big deal beyond the fact ifs going to either get more expensive if the go for exotic metals or bigger if the go for more conventional metals
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
        X