X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any other import guys on the board?

like the title says, post up guys!

Re: any other import guys on the board?

there are a few, but not many! although most of the domestic lovers here are open minded people. Welcome!
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Not many pure import guys here, but most of the guys here do appreciate any automotive effort that goes fast and that's creative and pure. So you're more than welcome here. Give us the dirt on your car.

Comment

Originally posted by billy
        like the title says, post up guys!
        Here's one:

Welcome to the board. I wouldn't consider myself an "import" guy, but like many here; if it has an engine (wheels optional) I can be convinced it's cool. Just takes more convincing with some things than others.

Comment

I dig em if they are cool, like yours for example...if its a civic with a fart can and a 10 gallon tank of NAWZZZZ I can live without it

Comment

Billy, i said don't park that thing here...

Comment

Poser; Of course it's faster then your Mustang... I mean ... you can't run over 160 can ya?

Junkie; Ahhh Dude... that thing reads in Kilometers....

poser; Well Duhhhh what's your point... Huh????

Hmmm

I like Cars.... one of my first was a Very cool 62 Datsun pickup with zero miles... Always been a fan of the 510... in So-Cal trim.... Never been able to figure out why Front wheel drive was cool... but I've seen some Cool front wheel drive cars....

So yeah like the others... I'm willing to learn... and don't tolerate bashing very well...

Keith

Comment

I LOVE imports! There PERFECT for TARGET practice!(not with a gun mind you)

But on the other hand i once used a ford tempo for target practice too! That school bus damn near blasted that tempo right thru the fence at the boneyard!

8)
                Oh and the tailgate used to say MADE IN JAPAN on my sedan delivery.

Comment

Would a '70 Plum Crazy 'cuda that was original Canadian Export car brought back to the US be considered as an import, if so then Yes, but I sold it so any other imports like that, I would be interested in.

Comment

I've thought about making a Home Depot "ricer" with all the mods bought at home depot, I mean they even have bondo there.... Imagine the hilarity of duct work, weather stripping and Home Depot orange paint.
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Not picking sides or anything but I know a handfull of "ricers" that would make the non beliver a beliver...My buddy Trevor has a wicked Stealth with a mitsu V6 and 2 massive turbos, with AWD and MT drag radials at all 4 corners he knocks down 11's all day long and gets good gas milage, Jay's Z car has a rotory and a gi-normous turbo and its running deep into the 11's...I suppose the stupid kids and the Fast and the Furious have clouded many peoples opinions of the import crown, but if your a true hot rodder you need to open your mind a little to the possibility that a well built import can be wicked fast and kinda cool......

Comment

I've seen some nasty little imported rides, from Europe, Australia and Asia. I am more than quick to say that I got my ass handed to me by a R32 Skyline someone has in the Seattle area, I love WRC-style cars, and the Aussies pretty much ran with the musclecar idea just as long as America has. I have plenty of memories of beating the crap out of my aunt's '95 VR-4 3000GT in the foothills near Manitou Springs...

Now, as for that lime-green CRX with twin grapefruit launchers, a bass kick that doubles as a makeshift EM-pulse, and Ali G behind the wheel...<pukes a little>
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I'm an all around car guy - there's stuff from both sides of the pond that I like. I don't have any imports at the moment except my sportbike. But my first "dedicated race car" was a Ford Probe (Mazda) that I built for the Grassroots Motorsports $2004 Challenge. I've owned a couple different imports and wrenched on quite a few others at work.

Comment

I'm probably one of the few import guys that hang around here, but then maybe not.
                            I'm into all kinds of fast cars no matter what type or brand and I think my car can get out of it's own way fairly well.
                            Anyway I thought I would just check in on this subject. I'm mostly looking for threads on land speed racing because I was hooked on the speed drug last year and I just can't get enough.
                            If any of you drag racers are thinking of giving it a try I would definately head on out to Maxton some time this year. I have been drag racing for a long time and this form of racing is even more fun to me as it is alot more relaxed and the people are way cooler at these events.

Comment

i have a soft spot for some imports mainly the 97 eclipse gst and gsx. awesome cars when built right, dont really need to do anything to the exterior of the car, they look great factory. then there is the srt 4 (neon), love that damn car.

Comment

Working...
                              X