Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Shop Toy

Originally posted by milner351
    I got a press when I got my hoist and blaster from Smith's in Indy - so far it's been one of those tools that I don't use often, but when I need it - I wonder how I ever got along with out it.

it's amazing how creative you can get with "press tooling" just don't force stuff - it's way ez to break iron castings when you have that much pressing power at your disposal.

Unfortunately - the HF selection of bearing and seal drivers - hasn't been very "universal" in my experience - unless you work on minibikes and lawnmowers exclusively.

One of the things on my short list is a u joint / ball joint press / c clamp thing -- I've needed one of those enough times that one needs to be hanging on my pegboard.... I think I'd rather get a used lisle or otc type than a cheapy - for some reason - i see me breaking a cheapy pretty quick.... I have that STOOPID split front axle D50 in my truck I need to rebuild.... I've heard that generally requires a torch, a big hammer, and a great deal of swearing and sweat to get done.
    OTC ball joint press love mine $85 from tool warehouse.net and shipping on over $100 orders is free
    Dan nice buy i have the same one and i also don't use it often but when i need it it has not let me down

Comment

Nice addition to the garage Dan.
      I've been wanting a press for myself aswell for some time, but space to put it is starting to get kinda limited already at my place. Luckily uptil now my trusty old vice has been able to get the jobs done properly.
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I've been getting by with a 5" vise for years but it wasn't the ticket for those press-on cam gears. It's just a little Chevy six foible.

Dan

Comment

Working...
        X