• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 words of the day

LET'S ROLL !!!

Re: 2 words of the day

???
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
      ???
      9/11. Eight years ago today.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Also known as my birthday. ;D
        Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

have you forgotten ?

Comment

Not at all. I think his head on a pike would make for an excelent reminder.
            Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Originally posted by 82z
              Also known as my birthday. ;D
              happy birthday

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Where were all you guys at on 9-11?

I was in Wisconsin Dells on vacation with my family. Worst vacation ever. Partly because of 9-11 and partly because apparently early September is fly season in WI. I won't go into detail about how both my kids got car sick and how that ties into fly season.

Comment

I was trying to get a daewoo tow in started , I was living in mass ..
                    we had a big tv in the break room ....trying to explain to guys in boston just how large a complex like the WTC is was odd , those guys never left the area
                    it was really odd not hearing any aircraft

Comment

I was at work, heard on the radio a plane hit one of the towers and went in the break room where we had a tv and saw the second plane hit live on Good Morning America. There were a few guys watching with me and we knew immediately what was going on and that things were about to change. The dealer principal had a son that was a NYC fire fighter at the time and we had customers who worked in the towers. Luckily all escaped unharmed.

Comment

Was in basic training when all of it went down. All I remember is the second plane slamming...
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

they should show those planes hitting the towers on TV every day.....maybe those that have forgotten need a daily reminder why we are overseas killing ragheads....yea #### you i said ragheads <------- (cause i know this will offend someone)
                          Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

I was at work when my freind's phone went nuts. His wife worked for a radio station and called to give us a heads up what happened. I remember going and filling up the cars that afternoon because everybody thought the world was ending. I agree that people should be shown the footage and constantly reminded about what happened. It should not be an afterthought. Complacenty will alow this to happen again.

Comment

7th grade lunch room. Faculty wouldn't tell us a thing but we knew what something was up. Eerie doesn't begin to describe a very unsually quiet day for 1,000 13 year olds. Slowly piecing together the days events through the grapevine all day long. I never knew what actually happend until I got home. It was then I realized how much it meant to me that both of my grandfathers were home and around to be my grandfathers after WWII and Korea.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
                              Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Working...
                              X