Alternative hot rods - for Brian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative hot rods - for Brian

This thread contains hot rods, V8s, superchargers, turbochargers, hybrids, machines lifted sky-high, and others slammed on the ground. The cool thing (for me, at least) is that there are no cars or trucks in this thread at all. That's right, these are all tractors. I attended a big show in Central Pa last week with my dad and uncle. The show featured Oliver tractors, and since my uncle is an Oliver nut, he HAD to go. I took a ton of pics, but I figured I'd post some of the more interesting machines I saw. Hope you all dig...

Oliver produced a limited number of tractors equipped with 3 cylinder GM diesels. According to my uncle, there were only about 450 built. There were probably 20 of them in attendance at this show.

Newer 4wd model equipped with a screamin' Detroit

Cool Oliver 1950 with a 12V turbo'd Cummins from a Dodge pickup. 150hp!

This thing is a just a beast. Factory equipped with 4wd and a 3208 Cat V8 diesel!

Crawlers!

A lifted tractor??? A high-crop model for stradling rows of crops while tilling. Pretty cool.

A row of lifted tractors!

To go along with the lifted tractors, check out this Oliver slammed on the ground... Turf model.

Lifted Crawler

Here is the "hybrid" I mentioned earlier. My uncle explained that for a few years Minneapolis Moline built some of their tractors using Oliver rear drive units to gain better transmissions. The owner of this tractor decided to point out the marraige by painting the Oliver half green.

Massey Ferguson with the GM diesel. Built by Oliver.

Crazy crawler/backhoe/dozer. Factory built.

Pulling Tractors!

Equipped with 3208 Cat V8.

Oliver with a swapped-in Detroit Diesel V8.

Twin Turbo Detroit!

And finally, I leave you with this. This tractor was modeled from an experimental tractor that was never produced. It is basically 2 Oliver 880 tractors bolted together. Neat stuff.

Still plays with trucks....

Re: Alternative hot rods - for Brian

More power! (grunt, grunt, grunt)
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

*grunts approval*

The old Olivers are neat...you'd be deaf after an hour in the field on it from the Detroit chuggers, but still neat.

Been around farm equipment all my life(my Dad didn't farm then(but works for one now), but was around it hauling grain and such), have seen some neat(and WEIRD) stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ford141

Looks like the monster in the Aliens movies.

Comment

i love old tractors, great pics, thanks for sharing!!!
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Thanks for showing those , spent many a day on old Olivers as a youth ..!!
            sigpic

Comment

Dude!

Killer stuff! Just got back from the drags and saw these photos. Thanks for sharing them. I want one of the Olivers with Deeeeeetroit Diesel power!

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

3408 in a tractor. holy crap. ;D

A 3408 is an exotic with 120 tons behind it on an australian road train 500 feet long. there aren't enough rigs with them. nice pics

Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                  i love old tractors, great pics, thanks for sharing!!!
                  X2!

Comment

Working...
                  X