X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC/DC to Retire !!

AC/DC Retirement Plan
    Eddie Ruckus - Rockin' Blogger 4 August, 2009 - 7:26 AM

AC/DC singer Brian Johnson has revealed he's been considering retiring at the end of the Black Ice tour. The 61-year-old Johnson said he recently told the rest of the band that he would probably hang up his mic when the band wraps up its current world tour next May.

"We were talking about the end of the tour and I said, "We're finishing in May ? and that's me done!", Johnson told Classic Rock magazine. But Malcolm Young said, "What are you talking about? We're not gonna let you retire!"?

Johnson says the band has convinced him to hang around until AC/DC fulfil all its current commitments which stretch into festival appearances in 2011. But Johnson thinks that one way or another, the end is nigh.

"I try to keep myself fit, and I love it being in this band, but the other lads are in their early 50s. I'm the old dog in the regiment. "I don't want for people to see me on stage and say, "Oh, poor old f**ker, the band's carrying him!"

What do you think - is Brian Johnson getting too old to rock?

Brian Johnson Hits Racetrack
    Has the AC/DC singer found his new calling as a racing car driver?
    AC/DC fans ? here is something very, very special. On Sunday night in the UK, Brian Johnson made an ultra-rare television appearance on the top-rating English car show, Top Gear. Johnson, a self-confessed petrol-head, was on the program to appear in a .
    segment called Star In a Reasonably Priced Car.

Before swapping his trademark newsboy cap for a helmet and taking to the race track, Johnson cheerfully endured a bizarre interview with host Jeremy Clarkson, who seriously introduced the singer to the audience as someone they'd probably never heard of.
    [what the ???]

"How have you managed to stay anonymous"? was Clark's first question.
    "It's just the way we do things," replied the charming and ridiculously cheery Johnson. "We stay under the radar. We enjoy keeping quiet."

Johnson went on to talk about his love of cars before viewers were shown his skill on the racetrack.
    How good is he? Check out the clip below. How happy does Brian Johnson look at the end of it?
    Anyone here ever heard of this Brian Johnson fellow? Does he come out of this interview looking like the sweetest guy ever?

Re: AC/DC to Retire !!

I'm glad I finally got to see AC/DC in concert back in Jan. this year. Was expecting more for the $100/ticket price, but I had to see them at least once.
    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Thanks!!!! Neat as hell.

Comment

This is the aforementioned link showing Johnson on Top Gear. Good stuff.

Comment

thanks for that link Luke,great stuff,great stuff!
          Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Thanks, Steve. I love watching Top Gear. They're just a bunch of
            goofs that love cars and doing crazy s&^t with them. ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Ditto. That was great. If John will let me I'll bring some AC/DC on the BRP tour.
              OH YEAH
              Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

What do you mean if he wil let you,last I checked you were almost a growed man.
                Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Brian used to pedal a vintage race Lotus Cortina quite well.

Comment

Well, shoot.....

I'd hate to see the guys retire, but they've had a great run....better to go out on top of their game than to keep going on just to keep "going on".

I just don't see the "Thunder from Down Under" being able to find another frontman who could do what Brian has done....very rare that a band can lose a key member like the late Bon Scott, and not only continue, but achieve possibly even greater success with a new lead singer/guitarist/whatever.

To be honest, I can't recall any other band being able to rebound from such a loss and be even stronger than before.

I'll have to check out his racing stuff....plenty of musicians are gearheads too(Jeff Beck comes to mind).

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                      AC/DC Retirement Plan
                      Eddie Ruckus - Rockin' Blogger 4 August, 2009 - 7:26 AM

AC/DC singer Brian Johnson has revealed he's been considering retiring at the end of the Black Ice tour. The 61-year-old Johnson said he recently told the rest of the band that he would probably hang up his mic when the band wraps up its current world tour next May.

"We were talking about the end of the tour and I said, "We're finishing in May ? and that's me done!", Johnson told Classic Rock magazine. But Malcolm Young said, "What are you talking about? We're not gonna let you retire!"?

Johnson says the band has convinced him to hang around until AC/DC fulfil all its current commitments which stretch into festival appearances in 2011. But Johnson thinks that one way or another, the end is nigh.

"I try to keep myself fit, and I love it being in this band, but the other lads are in their early 50s. I'm the old dog in the regiment. "I don't want for people to see me on stage and say, "Oh, poor old f**ker, the band's carrying him!"

What do you think - is Brian Johnson getting too old to rock?

Brian Johnson Hits Racetrack
                      Has the AC/DC singer found his new calling as a racing car driver?
                      AC/DC fans ? here is something very, very special. On Sunday night in the UK, Brian Johnson made an ultra-rare television appearance on the top-rating English car show, Top Gear. Johnson, a self-confessed petrol-head, was on the program to appear in a .
                      segment called Star In a Reasonably Priced Car.

Before swapping his trademark newsboy cap for a helmet and taking to the race track, Johnson cheerfully endured a bizarre interview with host Jeremy Clarkson, who seriously introduced the singer to the audience as someone they'd probably never heard of.
                      [what the ???]

"How have you managed to stay anonymous"? was Clark's first question.
                      "It's just the way we do things," replied the charming and ridiculously cheery Johnson. "We stay under the radar. We enjoy keeping quiet."

Johnson went on to talk about his love of cars before viewers were shown his skill on the racetrack.
                      How good is he? Check out the clip below. How happy does Brian Johnson look at the end of it?
                      Anyone here ever heard of this Brian Johnson fellow? Does he come out of this interview looking like the sweetest guy ever?

If I have to look at that ####ing guitar player, Anus, in those Godamn shorts one more ####ing time, I'm gonna scream
                      STUGOTS

Comment

Time to flush there, Potty Mouth....LMAO

Yeah, it's a bit long in the tooth, but this IS AC/DC we're talkin' 'bout here..... ;D

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                          Time to flush there, Potty Mouth....LMAO

Yeah, it's a bit long in the tooth, but this IS AC/DC we're talkin' 'bout here..... ;D

#### AC/Douche C
                          STUGOTS

Comment

Sour ass..... ;D

I bet you and Spidey could have a vinegar-chugging contest and not so much as blink.

LMAO....j/k, all in good fun Groucho.....ROFL

Comment

i agree with groucho ive never liked them either :P

Comment

Working...
                              X