Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I FINALLY watched "More American Grafitti" WTF!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I FINALLY watched "More American Grafitti" WTF!?!

I've been pretty proud of the "car movie" collection I've built up over the last 7 or 8 years, but never got a copy of "More American Grafitti" till today. Picked it up at our local video store for 6 bucks, so I was stoked to come home and put it in after the football game. After about the first 10 minutes I'm sitting there wondering what the heck was going on with the movie. Other then the track sceenes with Milner, the whole entire show blew big time. I figured with the life altering experience that the first one was for me, that this would be a home run, boy was I wrong. Was anyone else disappointed with the movie? I can't believe I wasted two hours of my life on that thing......

Nik

Re: So I FINALLY watched "More American Grafitti" WTF!?!

I liked the movie, not as much as the first one, but I did like it
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

I'm probably going to be alienated here for this, but here goes. I had never seen American Graffiti until recently. I honestly can't understand how this is one of the top car movies. It seemed pretty boring to me and I just didn't get into it like I had hoped.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
        I liked the movie, not as much as the first one, but I did like it
        Yup. Me too.

Comment

Andy, some folks like it, some don't-doesn't make ya any less "cool".

Nik, I borrowed SpeedJunkee's DVD of More American Graffiti several months back and watched it(we've got a decent "car guy" movie collection going between the 2 of us)....I agree, except for the Milner scenes, the movie pretty well stunk on ice.

Sometimes sequels just ain't what they should be, for sure.

Comment

THE GODFATHER TOO AIN'T IN THE 6 DOLLAR BIN

Comment

Damn you, QUIT SHOUTING... ;D..LMAO

We ain't talkin' gangster movies, Jim....

Comment

Originally posted by Rustang
                I'm probably going to be alienated here for this, but here goes. I had never seen American Graffiti until recently. I honestly can't understand how this is one of the top car movies. It seemed pretty boring to me and I just didn't get into it like I had hoped.
                Dooooooooooood, were you sure you watched the right movie? It changed my whole outlook on life as a kid, to this day I can recite that thing word for word. How old are you? Maybe it's an age thing, I dunno.

P.S. on your avatar, you spelled haul wrong. LOL

Nik

Comment

Originally posted by Nik
                  Dooooooooooood, were you sure you watched the right movie? It changed my whole outlook on life as a kid, to this day I can recite that thing word for word. How old are you? Maybe it's an age thing, I dunno.

P.S. on your avatar, you spelled haul wrong. LOL

Nik
                  Yeah, I'm sure I watched the right movie! Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad and it definitly had some cool car scenes in it. I'm 35 and I guess maybe if I had seen it earlier in life, maybe I'd think of it differently. Oh well, not everyone will like every movie!

I saw that misspelling in my avatar pic when I pulled it off of Google images. That's part of why I thought it was funny.

Comment

I was disappointed too. I looked for 2 years for this movie and found at The World of Wheels. The only good thing I can say is at least I got the sequel to add to the collection.

Comment

They are both on one DVD on the copy I have
                      Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Maybe because it wasn't made as a car movie at all. It's a coming of age, teenage angst movie and how American teens used cars as a way to socialize back in the day. That's the reason it's one of my favorites. Not because of all the racing, or lack of it.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I've seen American Grafitti many, many times....it pretty
                          much defines my high school years in the 60's.

Probably the Fast & Furious crowd might not enjoy it.

The sequel, as Scott described, is the same group of guys coming
                          of age and going off to war........if you grew up in the era you understand
                          the dynamics going on at the time........but agreed it wasn't as
                          good as the first take.

Station Attendant: Took the header plugs off, eh? Expectin' some action?
                          John Milner: Yeah, I think so. There's some punk lookin' for me
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

American Graffiti II was not directed by George Lucas - that's why it didn't resonate like the first one did.
                            And it's more about drag racing as a profession, instead of growing up.
                            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I think ya had to be there to appreciate a lot of it..... I was in all 4 places in all 4 years so I can relate.
                              Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X