coolest license plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolest license plate

I could never bring myself to spring for the things but what are the coolest license plates you've seen? In high school I worked at the AM/PM (excellent fringe benefits...) in Valencia,CA with a guy who had GTN8KD for his tag. I always thought that was the best. And god know how he got it past the DMV.

Re: coolest license plate

When my dad raised donkeys and mules his tag was "ASSMAN". When he renewed the clerk at the office axed it, so he went with "LNGEARS" - long ears.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

A friend of mine had C YA on his 66 GTO. Kinda said it all ...

Comment

I've got HY VOLTJ on my Lightning and UP N OVRU on my lifted truck. ;D
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I may be biased because thay are one of my favorite bands but...this is pretty cool.

Comment

I have been running TEAM2HI on my truck for years.

I can remember the DMV clerk commenting that it was cute that I was saying hi to another team! :

I didn't have the heart to tell that wasn't exactly what it meant.

Comment

well, some folks here won't like this, but, one of my current michigan plates is

FORD4ME
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
                When my dad raised donkeys and mules his tag was "ASSMAN". When he renewed the clerk at the office axed it, so he went with "LNGEARS" - long ears.
                You definitely wouldn't want ASSMAN on your plates and drive through West Hollywood. Certain people would get the wrong idea and ......
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

That Metallica plate is really thinking outside the box ...

Comment

I have a decent collection of plates. I would love to add more, but trying not to make it an obsession. I have about 80 or so hanging in my garage......

ones like

DOIT2IT
                    WAZNTME
                    SIXSPD8
                    73 OLDS...my first car, Delta 88 Convertible I miss it so much!
                    LEDSLED.....Mom's old car from the 80's...1980 Checker Marathon, everyone asked her what it was....
                    DONTASK...another one, she got tired of the questions!!(backfired, everyone thought it said "done task".)
                    TRY ME
                    EX HEAT...my old one for the Mustang

They are from all over and I have been collecting passively for years.....I stopped a while back and want to start again... prized posessions are ones from the 40's, and from Costa Rica and the bahamas!!

Ax

Comment

While we're on the subject of license plates - does anyone have a '69 Michigan plate they'd like to sell?

I guess now you can "re register" classic plates here - sort of like antique plates (I have one of those on the '54) but less restrictive....
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I heard a story from a young Lt. about a guy who was in school with her.
                        Apparently he was a big fan of the Game Cocks and wanted his license plate to show it, so he went to the DMV for a vanity plate.
                        He came back with GMECOCK.
                        Of course everyone pointed out that it looked like give me - and it only lasted about a week before he was finally shamed into changing it.

Comment

OK, not trying to start any arguments here with this plate; please don't be offended. It is NOT my plate, but it belongs to another dyed in the wool Ford guy. He ordered this custom plate from the DMV and for 10 years took it around to various NHRA national events, and had some of racing's luminaries autograph the plate. If you look closely you can see the signatures. It's cool because those who have signed this plate include the following noteworthy individuals:

Don Garlits
                          Bob Glidden
                          Art Chrisman
                          Ronnie Sox
                          Kenny Bernstein
                          Dyno Don Nicholson
                          Arnie Beswick
                          Dale Armstrong
                          Dick LaHaie
                          Buddy Ingersoll

Another 20 lesser known signatures are on the plate also. Looking at this plate is kind of like a trip through drag racing's Hall of Fame.

Please don't hit me ;)

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
                            being an ex-farrier that used to work on those "fantistic and misunderstood critters" my shoeing truck license was

"HOOFDOC"

Comment

Some of those are GM racers too! ;D I love it, i've even seen that one in person at Bakersfield.

Comment

Working...
                              X