• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy collection

Some may not have seen this link yet -

Phil / Omaha

Re: Chevy collection

Holly crap! Thats what heaven looks like, I'm pretty sure!
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

I didn't know Groucho had a garage in Florida :D. That place is on the list for my trip down there this December.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

An impressive group, to say the least.

Comment

Eh, I've seen better. :

Seriously, that is some nice stuff. Those 61 Imp SS's really get me going.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
            Seriously, that is some nice stuff. Those 61 Imp SS's really get me going.
            X2
            Wow there is some impressive stuff there even if it is mostly GM! ;) :D
            I think my fav was the 61 Imp also. I love that bubbletop roofline.

Comment

I've been trying to pick a favorite... I just can't.

Less than an hour away and I had no idea it was there. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto
                Holly crap! Thats what heaven looks like, I'm pretty sure!
                Sounds like you got a good start though Doug !
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

wow
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Let me open a pandora's box:

I'm sure some of you guys on here would like an early Vette, 'cause I know I would.... but they are prohibitively expensive. Supply & Demand, period. Maybe some of us could afford a 'couple' of these fine examples.... but most could not, although we'd like to.

So... that being said... do you think the prices these things are getting at auction would be the same if the market were a little more freed up? Not flooded, but with a few more vettes changing hands, it might bring down the auction houses profit margin a wee bit.

This guy should sell one of these cars a year, and donate the profits to charity (including the auction house fee!).

He's got great taste, and plenty of money, but he's a freakin' hoarder.

Comment

He can donate the red/white '55 Nomad with Cragars to me! Sitting on the top shelf I doubt it gets exercised enough.

Comment

I'd pretty much be happy to have any of them. Let's see - I could pull the 'Vette driveline and put in a built 250, then......

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                          I'd pretty much be happy to have any of them. Let's see - I could pull the 'Vette driveline and put in a built 250, then......

Dan
                          You're a sick man Dan! ;D
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman
                            Let me open a pandora's box:

I'm sure some of you guys on here would like an early Vette, 'cause I know I would.... but they are prohibitively expensive. Supply & Demand, period. Maybe some of us could afford a 'couple' of these fine examples.... but most could not, although we'd like to.

So... that being said... do you think the prices these things are getting at auction would be the same if the market were a little more freed up? Not flooded, but with a few more vettes changing hands, it might bring down the auction houses profit margin a wee bit.

This guy should sell one of these cars a year, and donate the profits to charity (including the auction house fee!).

He's got great taste, and plenty of money, but he's a freakin' hoarder.
                            don't worry , with this mans means , the government forces very large forced charitable contributions on him quarterly , I AM SURE

Comment

Working...
                            X