Ambivalent auto blog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambivalent auto blog?

I have been atteming car blogs for several years. I eno####ered lack of facts and glory in cars that kill people. My own real life career, and militant upbringing (of the real Air Force kind) drove me to revealing lines drawn of stupidity.
    As blogs go and future, I too am looking around, how to recover the quest for real machinery. Even daily driving saw 5 bucks a gallon a year ago. Not one to believe in less is more, the concept of little inline fours as a whole has never been my target. If it is less, it better be damn good, with MY facts as prerequisite. In fact, if my 74 chevelle with the 350 CI was still with me today, affording it would just put me back into hindered reality, and i would still be disappointed that I can't keep driving it.
    I wondered if thier were any cars at all, surviving every industry change since it was made.. Any origin, anytime, car for now and years ahead. I think I found one in an unlikely origin...

Speaking of carpocalypse. This is a 1987 sube dual range next to a blazer. 1781cc 3 main boxer.Note the 22 year shadow underneath the the roof rail that was removed on the subaru, the paint is a different color. In maine top down "arizonian" sun burns would need two decades to get its way like that. It is the first I have ever seen it on any vehicle in my 22 years living heere, wtching daily drivers fade away after 10 years at a time. A rarity for northern states. Getting to the point, like the blazers hood and centerline, the lopsided crank of the 4.3 liter blazer made it an easy choice for cars for clunkers deals, the owner of this one still has a use. I learned by looking out the window, "little" and sube wagons do not necessarily go together. The subaru is longer than the blazer, has a flat roof for the longer rack. They both have the same size wheels. The sube is independent suspension all the way around, full diff lock in 4 lo. The thin walls of the sube unibody give it more interior room than the blazer as well. I deciphered this over the winter, my car gets pummeled by the plow going by..no other vehicle gets it but mine. 14 feet 6 inches crammed into its parking spot wall, and buttheads with plows still make it a target for width of the one way road behind it. Years ago, I wanted the blazer sized suv. The bigger tires, parts galore..and my time in servicing vehicles learned of the v6. That is one bad bad engine, it is never balanced in runtime. Attempting 90 degree blocks on 6cyl engines that still weren't correct at 60 degrees, is really dumb for engine builders to think about. To up it to 305 v8..may as well have a full sized truck then. I passed on the blazer, because of it. The last kickers..the sube is wider, the same ground clearance, lower CG, and shallow offset increase handling into the naturals of rally realm, and it is over 6 years older, as a daily driver, like the blazer next to it. They both need to give a bit more throttle in the hills..but one is nearly 3000 cc's less with 3 main bearings and a trochoid oil pump reliefing to its 120psi ability, on its original build. I am not afraid of engineering facts and history, it keeps a mind to find the better of everything. The true facts of every machine, is the real opinion.The sube in photo, is the only japanese car I have ever targetted as a serious project to keep, modify, maintain, and put car inspectors in thier retarded places...as well as stubborn hillbillies.
    The greatest of compassionate car owners, maintainers, even american seekers (like I used to be, almost obsessed), know not to say much about it. I have heard this car called an orphan that survived. A perfectly different color in a racist neighborhood. An innocently surviving ghetto king...guiding a path just by existing, in its true strength never glorified. All while never being wrong when real justice stepped in. All while being spotted in the most difficult times throughout a maine season, functioning, sounding like it is hardly doing anything at all...for over 20 years now at the helm of a car builder/maintainer... If real history stepped up to correct itself with todays diversity, a modern museum of wonders of machinery, this "little" machine would still be in a section all on its own, in a spotlight very well earned, from a country with a reputation that still makes me cringe. I found a true orphan..a very special one.

How is this blog? I need opinions.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Re: Ambivalent auto blog?

buy some speedy dry

Comment

???
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

wtf.......

Comment

Originally posted by chevy3100
          wtf.......
          X2

Comment

subarus leak oil
            ya gotta get out of the whole ford/chevy thing boys

Comment

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

how about you say that in English?
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I am done , the first post was ever confusing , but since ya don't get my joke , it is not worth explaining
                the 4.3 sucks eggs too

Comment

I like Subarus, but a bud's Forrester was needing major engine repair at 80k while another's S-10 Blazer was running strong at 250 when it got wrecked.

Separate thoughts into paragraphs, remember your readers are a little behind you on stuff. Make it easier on 'em.

Comment

I think you need to continue meeting with your therapist
                    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

x2 on the paragraphs, dude.... and lay off the valium.

Try to think of using the English language in terms of 'using the utmost economy and resonance'.
                      In other words..... get to the frickin' point.... If you even have one.

But either way, start welding something, I'd rather see a blog on that. And it better have horsepower, whatever it is.

Comment

I get these kinda texts in my mailbox sometimes.
                        Funny enough my mailprogram usually thinks it's spam and moves it to the proper mailfolder.

I heard someone said the fat on human could help the floating in the swimming pool. I am thi.n.king what encourages the owner of the fat to work form the changing room to the pool. A prestigiou5 d e gree could help you advance persona11y and professionally. Ca l l now to ask any questions you've got, and receive the answers +hat just might change your life. absent decorous reflectance mukden bluish tibia indianapolis candlelit vaunt abscissae don erik bookie shrew semaphore nuclei bazaar paraphernalia glow beg ambition embassy optometry thump feedback fill scrotum mutter alcove inadequacy vise chalkboard bestseller angle concertina what'd stablemen drier erosion garner monkish sandblast tenneco vignette embryo detente filler grover cute e'er ligget polkadot toad buzz pallid confectionery scowl doorbell blumenthal somerville harrisburg it glisten methylene upsetting botanist sedimentation depict garrison filled bema

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I liked the brat when I was 12

Comment

Boxer has a point.My VW transporter has a 2,5 diesel engine.It weighs almost the same as my 93 Silverado extended cab with a 6,2 diesel.The 6,2 has 150 hp.Vw around 90.And the Silverado doesnt do its job twice as good,as you would think.

But i would lie if i said that i like the Vw better.

And i have never liked those small blazers.The big ones are better to work on,and to drive.

And when i think about it.GM lost something when they started making the "new trucks in 87".Those old ones up to 87 had their own feeling.As the Chevelle lost in 77 when the new small Malibu took over.Camaro in 82....

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
                              Boxer has a point.My VW transporter has a 2,5 diesel engine.It weighs almost the same as my 93 Silverado extended cab with a 6,2 diesel.The 6,2 has 150 hp.Vw around 90.And the Silverado doesnt do its job twice as good,as you would think.

But i would lie if i said that i like the Vw better.

And i have never liked those small blazers.The big ones are better to work on,and to drive.

And when i think about it.GM lost something when they started making the "new trucks in 87".Those old ones up to 87 had their own feeling.As the Chevelle lost in 77 when the new small Malibu took over.Camaro in 82....
                              the 88 ck was light years better than the 87 rv trucks
                              but i like the old trucks better too

Comment

Working...
                              X