Found this by Satellite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this by Satellite

Maybe some of you have tried this. A friend and I were talking how cool would it be to have a helicopter to check out the farms around us to see what vintage tin might be hanging around. Well I thought satellite images might be able to do the same thing. On Yahoo maps some areas are very detailed. You can zoom in with quite a bit a clarity. I was checking the woods around some farms in a town in NY where I used to live and found this 68 Torino GT parked in a cherry orchard. Next time I was able to go there I paid the owners a visit and asked about the Torino they had. It was once a NC car that was parked about 6 years ago because of a blown brake line. I made an offer and loaded it on my trailer and brought it to VT. Had it running and driving a few days later. The hood was junk, but I found a mint one for $100 at a swap.
    Turns out this is the same car that I used to ride by on the school bus when I was a kid. Man I wanted that car too. I've got it now, so this one can have a happy ending.
    Plans are for a 392 Windsor, Victor Heads, and a C-4. Despite how it looks it is very solid, with only a minor hole in the LF floor pan.

Re: Found this by Satellite

No sh!t....really? thats an amazing story...with a great ending....

Comment

I have two friends one used to fly his airplane around looking for good old cars while the other cruised on a motorcycle. When a possibility was sighted a call was made to the guy on the bike who would find the car on the ground and check it out. They found some cool stuff this way.

Comment

I Found a Section of Hwy Littered with Old Various Trucks and Autos from many different Era's that did'nt make it over the Mountain. I like driving up to the top and checking them out. This Spring I'm going to go up and take photos of all of them and make a Photo Journal.

Just outside of Paris Texas is a couple of acres of Land covered with Farmall Tractors, and right down the street from there is a Surplus Store with Belly Tanks.

Comment

I got looking at the local junkyards on there,as well as some of the closed down ones.I looked up my own address and my Charger is in the backyard,half uncovered with the hood open.You can tell the engine is orange!

Comment

Working...
          X