Springfield (ohio) swap meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springfield (ohio) swap meet

These are a bunch of cars from the car coral at the Springfield Ohio Car Show and Swap Meet, held this past weekend. Its a

fairly big show, but this year it just didn't seem to have the size it did yrs before... maybe its me, I haven't seen any

attendance figures yet.

There were a bunch of diverse cars here as always. It's always a good time to just walk around and think about all the cars

for sale and what I would do to each of them...If I had a pocketful of cash! I just couldn't stay away from a couple of the

AMX's that were at the show. I counted four complete examples, and only one was an auto car... Two were supposedly original

paint. and two others were 390 4spd go pack cars... I was in lust. Oh and there was a 1969 firebird convertible I wanted to

steal...

well hell... just stare at some of these........

This 1970 Had a new 327 small block and a 350 turbo trans. That black paint was frickin beautiful. It said $8850 OBO on the

windshield. But maybe you like red cars?

This '68 Impala also had a great paint job and it was an original big block car with factory air and an automatic. It was

really clean underneath, looking like the day it was built. Owner wanted $10,500 OBO

This '57 Chevy was lookin' like it had been restored a number of yrs ago, and I could see it was needing a little TLC in door

corners and wheelwells...But it was a stick car, had a tach on the dash and was priced at $11,500 I gotta say- I live in

Ohio, so you gotta look at every car as a collection of repair panels and the real issue is how good was the guy who welded

or glued them all together....Original paint cars are rare....VERY rare.

Like this one..........drooooooooooolllllllll............... ..........

A 1957 Lincoln Capri. Black. Original. 368 auto, Of course....Cracked windshield, but the note on the dash said a new one was

available. It also said this was a "barn fresh" discovery and that it ran but had no brakes. I could live with that for the

askin' price of 6500$. OBO......Or you could get this for your $6500...

This '53 Chevy panel looked good in the suede paint. The silver paint on the bumpers was covering some serious issues, but

all the rest of the trim looked great with little pitting and it had the original 6 Cylinder and 3spd, but the shifter was on

the floor now... Or you could get this for your $6500...

This '46 Plymouth looked nice and solid. It was running a 340 mopar motor with a 727 trans and the interior was really

original but the pics were not up to par. sorry. ... or you could get this for your $6500...

I got nuthin' on this one other than its got a brand new straight axle up front with matching leafs, the floors are new sheet

metal as are the rocker panels, its got no motor, but the steel looked really nicely done. black with DEEEEP dish 5 slots on

the back.

This more door was a bunch cheaper at 3k and it came with a 350 and a 4spd. Looked like a vega saginaw to me.....had those

counter weight lug mounting thingys....but the steel was also really nice lookin...considering this is OHIO...ok? If you just

gotta buy one that's already painted...here ya go....

But I got no info on this car... Yeah I know... I suck.

But I blew it on this one too......so fire me.

This Mopar was equipped with a new 440 and a 727 trans. This is one i'd drive to work each day it was priced at $8500

This '67 Nova was too original to believe...and only 2k! and that was marked down!! There are a beautiful set of 2 15x7 and 2

15x8 five slot rims sitting on that trailer.

Oh the things I would do to that car.....but if you like paint...

There were allot of Nova's of all yrs and colors and styles around but this 66 was the prettiest ...in my opinion... but ya

gotta pay for all that pretty. 25 large. But ya get a 327 small block with '400hp', a big ole' holley, and a fuel regulator,

a Richmond 5Spd - ( Ed Note - I have over 300,000 miles on my Nash 5spd, it was Doug Nash transmissions back in '86 when I

got mine. I LOVE 'EM).
    But I love the old F trucks too.....

$1500..... And it looked ok. And it was driving around the grounds allot. with no coolant puking out or other nasty

stuff....seemed like a decent driver. A little more cash _ uh ok - allot more cash - like 6500$ more... would buy you one of

these. A '37 Plymouth I think. It had a , well, a motor of some kind.. and a ... uh... transmission.... yeah it had one of

those too.... and tires I think. yeah its got tires. and a white cowl. wit pinstripes.

or this............

$13,500. Man was this clean. I couldn't find the owner and the spec sheet was sparse ..as is usually the case...But it looked

like a driver and was super straight. I want it bad...

This '37 was sporting the factory mill and also factory air...woo-hoo. but it was $12,500. Hey... comfort costs.

How about we look at some cars that are already pretty?

The paint on this wagon was super flat. lots of blocking on this job. The car has a 327 with a 700r4, power everything and a

new interior. $15,900.

I liked this 'yenko style' chevelle. it was nice and clean and had good paint. the color looked allot better in the bright

sun that day than it does in these still shots... but its still pretty... and only 12k for a big block car.

This 1967 'Cuda had the original 273 and a four gear. It was recently restored and asking price was $14,000

1971 Dodge Dart with a '435hp' 360, 727, 8 3/4 with a set of 4.30 gears. yee-haw. frame was tied also. good thing with those

gears.....very black. and I think it had been on sale awhile.. its currently listed at 12k.

These were both brought to the show from the same owner. The Elky was flat out gorgeous. it had $14,000 on the windshield but

I think it would have gone for a bunch less even as nice as it was. 6 cylinder auto and it was nice. The Buick had been

re-done yrs earlier, but the top still looked really good and everything worked according to the owner. $7,500 was on the

car.

I got there early, but this chevelle was already sold....the owner wouldn't say what it went for... but that AMX next to

it....Oh yeah... I was gonna tell ya about those AMX's.....

14k. 390 4 spd. 355 posi. console. I want it. Str8 paint. its red. did i say i wanted it?

THis is an original paint 390 Automatic. and this one below is a 390 4 spd car with the Go-Pack otion group. It was listed

for $5500. I want them all.

That 1972 Mercury Cougar convertible was lookin' like it had original paint, but the top had been replaced a long time ago.

It was cheap at 3k and had power everything and supposedly a 400m motor with an FMX trans(?). The GTO next to that had been

restored some time ago but stil looked fresh and it was goin for 16k. Its kind of cool to go to a show where everything is

for sale. Ya always wonder what folks think their cars are worth (mine's worth at least 50k) and when they print it on the

windshield, it makes it easy.! Man there is allot more to this show. Vegas, Pintos, Cads, ...OH...Cads...yeah.... I will end

with this...... This is the only big wheel car I have ever seen that I liked. Its because the wheels match the car. Rusted

out.

Mike in Southwest Ohio

Re: Springfield (ohio) swap meet

For 2k, I would have been draggin' that '67 Nova to a friend's house till I had a spot for it.

Nik

Comment

Nice cars, great pics. Thx!!
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Seems like some good deals there too!

Comment

Working...