I got my first job in a shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my first job in a shop

Well i just got the word that i start my new job at an independent shop on thursday morning. Im the part time lube tech working 3-4 days a week. So im pretty excited (and a tad nervous) but itll be a good experience. Yes im still in school, and dont plan on stopping anytime soon.

I also bought a IR231 today. Quick question (dont laugh) i installed the hose connector/nipple at the end, i dont remember if you're supposed to use thread sealer in there or just screw it in. thanks for the help.

Re: I got my first job in a shop

Nice tool. Congrats on the grease monkey job - everyone starts there.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I always throw a little Teflon tape on it.

Comment

Welcome to the work force. Have at it, if you work hard and do good work you'll get ahead.

10-4 on the sealant-- it will leak if you don't.
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I always use Permatex PTS liquid.

Comment

Nice pick for an impact, put Marvel Air Tool Oil in it once in awhile(WD-40 will work to) and it will last a life time. DON"T use PB Blaster, It will F__ up the o-ring that seals the plunger to stop the air when hooked to air but not in use(trust me) ;D. Good Luck and remember, tight is tight, to tight is stripped when it comes to oil drain plugs, Oh, and always check for a stuck oil filter gasket still on the block before you put the new one on. The real reason to oil the gasket, its to help the next guy, which could be you.
            Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. im sure ill screw something up the first week.

I didnt know you could oil it with wd40.... ill have to try that.

Its just a little scary that the first time im going to use this gun is on the job. im not sure why its scary, but whatever.

Comment

:D congrats!!!
                COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Good choice on the impact, and good luck at work, bro.

Comment

Good golly... no need to be using that impact wrench on a drain plug!!!
                    Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Are you going to school to be an auto tech ??? Congrates on the job
                      Original Carjunkie TV Member

Comment

Originally posted by Screaming Detroit
                        Are you going to school to be an auto tech ??? Congrates on the job
                        Automotive management

Comment

I think it's still illegal to have a shop manager that actually knows something about cars, so be careful to remain ignorant if you're looking at shop management as a career. Am I kidding? Not sure.......

EDIT: Forgot to add - congrats on your first car-type job. We all started somewhere. I was greasing buggy wheels at the blacksmith shop when some guy rolled in a curved dash Olds and that was how it all began.

Dan

Comment

Congrats on the gig, and remember to be sure your drain pan is clear before lowering car.

Comment

congrats on the job man, welcome to the first day of the rest of your life...
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X