• Show
Clear All

Re: Is it just me or....

no , the batmobile was at Lead east

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
      no , the batmobile was at Lead east
      I haven't seen it, so I'm just going off what my friend told me. It might be a copy of the original. But he said it looks just like the real thing. If it is or isn't I don't know.

And what is it with Cops and owning really cool cars. : The guy happens to be Sheriff's deputy.

Comment

I've noticed the same thing. Now that my wife and I have moved back to the beach were we belong, I'll be driving mine alot more, in fact, in a few hours I'm planning to take a drive down Pacific Coast Highway in the Merc. ;D
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Jim, I guess I'm more talking about the "larger forces" or the people who seem to be out to save us from ourselves.
          They don't specifically want to get rid of hot rods or classic cars, as far as I can tell. I think they have some vague notion about "saving the world", and our transportation systems are pretty noticeable as something that affects the world...so the obvious thing to do is magically change our transportation systems. Cars are the most obvious blight on the landscape, so they go after cars.

It has more to do with people's natural tendency to not think about what they are doing, then it does with any desire to keep us from having fun.

Interesting, when I drove up to Bonneville this summer, I saw hardly any old cars on the highway. There was one 50s truck going thru Safford, and maybe a couple 70s cars, but that was about it.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Does it seem like more people are out and using their cars this summer?

A gallery is forthcoming tonight, but I went to a cruise night at Gilette Stadium with my father in law last night and 1,800 cars showed up. Honest to God it was amazing. It was bigger than any of the "big shows" I went to this summer and had a vibe and feel all it's own. Hell, there was a Unimog, a Citroen, just all kinds of neat stuff, on a Thursday night in Foxboro, Ma.

I can't get to the cruise that the Hack Job General is rolling to tonight, but that's a local deal that draws 600-800 weekly and most of the people agree that it has never been bigger.

People need an escape? People are finally not afraid to use their junk? A nice FU to the people who want to see this hobby wither on the vine? All of the above?

Brian
            no different than any other year..
            it's more of.. shops (read) paint jail.. where slow as alot of insurance checks when to other things than fixing the cars dents..
            so more shops had free time to ,offer to work on , no insurance jobs..
            and that got more cars out of paint hell and on the road..
            also ,, more people might have got their @$$ in gear and got their cars running and on the road . because they might not have a job and need the car running and not in boxes..

I saw the same amount as always... but . .. my dads friends are always bugging him to paint their cars..
            so we're out and about alot at.. cruises/etc

Comment

People are using their Cars more/doing more/'livin' life to the fullest',ect,because they all seem to subconsiously know that the 21'st Century is going to be the United States LAST. End times People. Think the "Depression's" over yet? The worst of the worst is yet to come :-[ . ~J/W-OO6.

Comment

Nice to see you are so positive JW ;D

Ive seen more too. The cruises have all been packed -when its not raining, maybe its just a cheap night out and
                talking to people and being sociable.Kind of the way it should be anyhow. Even with the rain Lake George was packed
                and thats not a cheap weekend. Im going tonight to Marcus Dairy.I'll bring my camera.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
                  Nice to see you are so positive JW ;D

Ive seen more too. The cruises have all been packed -when its not raining, maybe its just a cheap night out and
                  talking to people and being sociable.Kind of the way it should be anyhow. Even with the rain Lake George was packed
                  and thats not a cheap weekend. Im going tonight to Marcus Dairy.I'll bring my camera.
                  Take lots of pics,cause in the next century people will wonder why there wasnt more cameras in the US ;D ;D..

Comment

Working...
                  X