Barn finds of a different type.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn finds of a different type.

I've been checking out what these guys in Europe, especially Eastern Europe and Russia, have been finding in the woods, attics, barns and sheds. Imagine pulling a WWII German tank out of a swamp and having it still be in very good condition, complete with guns, ammo, and personal effects. Seems there is stuff everywhere. Most get restored for museums. There are fields being excavated around Stalingrad and you wouldn't believe the artifacts they are finding.

WW2 military historians and collectors forum. History: 3 Reich and Soviet Red army uniforms, awards, weapons, armor and helmets. Battlefield archeology and historical recovery. World war pictures

Scroll to the near bottom of the page for the battlefield archeology forum. You will have to create a user id to view much more than a few pages, but it's worth it.

Re: Barn finds of a different type.

Here some photos from excavation during all 2008 are presented

Comment

Here's one being pulled from a bog where it was almost completely submerged. This was near the Eastern front.

Same tank after cleaning. Seems most of them clean up this well. Amazing.

Comment

Can I use that for commuting in Detroit?
        Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

I'd be leery of all the ordinance.......
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
          X