American Power Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Power Tools

Sorry to say I'm not a big fan of DaWalt grinders. I burned up two within six months. I had let my brother use my good grinder, a Milwaukee. When the time came that I needed it again, he had it packed up in some box because he was moving. So I thought no big deal, I'll just go get another one for now. They didn't have what I wanted and the DeWalt was on sale. The first one died after only three weeks. I took it back to where I got it and they swapped it out, I thought good deal. That one lasted about four months before it went up in smoke. By the way, don't breath the smoke from one, it hurts like hell.
    Since then I picked up another Milwaukee and got the other one back from my brother. All my power tools are Milwaukee except for two, a palm sander and a electric impact, and I have had them for years.

Comment

I've had a Milwaukee hole shooter for over 25 years and have never even put brushes in it (although a spare set is in the handle). When the HF grinder poops out I'll likely replace it with a Milwaukee. Still it's a darn shame that they aren't made here - I'd pay extra for that.

Dan

Comment

I have been on a quest looking for grinders made in America ,and since I sell this stuff I thought I would find out, I generally dont sell alot of grinders ,mostly drills and saws.
        But Makita seems to be the only one made in America , maybe Bosch ,I havnt confirmed that one yet.
        Makita manufacturing facilities are in Buford Ga and LaMirada Ca. and they have 6 other Corporate offices in the states.
        These listed are 4 1/2'' grinders and many more are available.
        Makita model # 9554NBX 5.0amp
        9557NB 6.4amp
        9557PB 6.4amp with paddle switch
        9564CV 12.0amp variable speed
        Need parts for these or DeWalts let me know,need model # and type #
        Need prices PM me.
        Also Porter-Cable doesnt make grinders any more due to the fact that they was bought up by DeWalt, and DeWalt has all there grinders made in China,Mexico or Japan.
        Hope this helps

Comment

buy an air grinder

Comment

I have had my Makita 4" grinder, 3/8 Drill, 10" Chop saw and 10" table saw for 29 years...... Only thing I have done is installed new power cords...... Great tools.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
            1966 Plymouth Fury III
            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Sioux tools are american made in murphy nc. Sioux force tools are made overseas. Sioux is owned by snapon

Comment

Comment

That's a pretty neat list but a lot of those mfg's have been bought up by others and changed the way of their life.
                  Rotozip is owned by Bosch now,Bosch stuff is made in Malaysia,China Japan, Mexicoans Sweden ,not sure about Roto . Porter-Cable is owned by DeWalt and they have done away with some of their best tools and changed to Dewalt brand which is overseas product as well.
                  Its sad dollars letting returned to investors takes precedent over American craftsmanship.

Comment

stupid google

Comment

the empire state building was illuminted in red and yellow tonight
                      on the radio , they wondered why the building had such enthusiasm for the chinese revolution
                      until they may have figured the chinese may own the empire state building - who knows

Comment

In my lfe of 44 years so far, I have heard of History repeats itself,and I have seen that, and hopefully American Mfg will return and be great once again, I have hope in the American way. Greed just needs to be knocked out of the way.

Comment

Working...
                        X