To buy or not to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To buy or not to buy

The wife is already starting to push my buttons. My truck pays off in November and we came to an agreement that we will not buy anything that involves payments. At least for a while. I want to puts some money in the bank, fix up the '76 and maybe pick up a couple of quads.
    Well, when I got home last night she tells me she went by the Ford dealer today and looked at a couple new Mustangs. I almost lost it. They only had two and they where v6 models. The sales guy tells her they don't get v8's just to put on the floor because they don't sell. That didn't stop her from asking for what she was after. She tells him she wants a v8 with a stick. It has to be black on black with black wheels and the glass top. First off he tells her it would definitely have to be ordered because they don't put black cars on the lot because they can't keep them clean here in the desert. After that he goes to the computer and lays it on her, "Your looking at around $50,000". Talk about sticker shock, she was not ready for that.
    So it looks like I'm safe for now. When the time comes to buy something I told her that I sure in the hell am not going to be paying sticker price. I know for a fact that the price can come way down on any new car, and they still make money.

Re: To buy or not to buy

50 grand for a new Mustang?!

Shenanigans, brother.....out and out shenanigans!

Hmm......I'd go down there myself(or have a friend go), see what kind of price they shot YOU(or your friend).

See if there's any difference in the bottom line.....if the same, ask for a dose of what he's on that day.

Comment

She knows there was major padding on it. She has seen it first hand as a kid. Her grandparent owned and operated a Chevy dear for years until they retired in the early 90's. Livery Stable Chevrolet.

Comment

I had to find my 09 f150 online the way I wanted it configured. Then I had my dealer bring it on site for me to look at. We then negotiated from there.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

We got Reni's totally loaded GT 3 years ago for 28K. Sounds like somebody is trying to bend you over. Check out www.edmunds.com to build the car you want.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

50K for a new mustang...those f-ers can suck a fat hog...I wonder if he was yanking her chain, for gee-whizz you should go in there and ask for a similar model and see what kind of numbers you get....
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I just did a quick check and 2010 GT glassroof stickers for about 33K. I'd tell that dealer to shove it up his ass.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                I just did a quick check and 2010 GT glassroof stickers for about 33K. I'd tell that dealer to shove it up his ass.
                I'd pay 50K for a new Ford GT but they stopped making them in 2006!

Comment

Working...
                X