2009 Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags -- Studebaker view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags -- Studebaker view

Every year I say I am going to go to this and never do. Something else for the Bucket List...

Here?s a view of the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags from a Studebaker viewpoint. Here are some definitions as to Studebaker nomenclature: R1 289 Single 4bbl High compression; R2 289 w/supercharger; R3 304 w/Supercharger; R4 304 w/dual 4 bbls. Also Powershift is a high performance automatic. Studebaker used a T-10 in its 4 speed cars.

This is all text. Very descriptive of what the Studebakers did.

Here are some pictures:

A U-Tube video. It is hard to tell who wins but still interesting. Ted Harbit drives the red Lark, listen to him work a 4-speed:
    Studebaker Pure Stock Drag Race 2009 PSMCDR

Re: 2009 Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags -- Studebaker view

Who cares about old out of date, low tech, stock, non-EFI or non-electronic junk drag racing nowadays. Who would want to watch that. HEE HEE, wink,wink. ;D

I agree Joe, COOL stuff right there. Stude R-1, R-2's were nasty little cars that didn't get much credit. Nice to that their getting there just due.
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Really cool. I can just imagine what they would have been like if they were still around.

Comment

Another great company killed by bad management (at least, the Packard part of it). I didn't know about the 304s and should have.

Dan

Comment

That's right, Joe - preach it!
          Most competitors were treated to some great views of Studebakers..... from the rear!
          HA~
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I won't say it....
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I was reading the first use of a mcculloch sc was on the continental 6 in kaiser fraziers
                cool
                heard the ford sc had crappy bearing that used to seize them back in 57

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                  Another great company killed by bad management (at least, the Packard part of it). I didn't know about the 304s and should have.

Dan
                  The Studebaker-Packard merger was a debacle for both companies. Too many repititions in product. Studebaker emerged better than Packard because they were diversified. When Studebaker finally stopped producing motor vehicles in 1966, the company continued in other fields.

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
                    Gotta love that car! Actually there were two of them. The one that drove on the road was done so from the back seat/trunk area. I loved the line about Fozzy's uncle having that car. That is a standing joke among Stude folks because if everybody whose uncle had a Stude, according to them, Studebaker would still be p roducing cars and trucks! :

Comment

so true about the uncle/parent/grandparent who had a studebaker truck.... those are generally the first words someone says when they see mine.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                      X