No announcement yet.

Do you like 32 Fords with Hemi Motors ? Even if you don't look at this car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you like 32 Fords with Hemi Motors ? Even if you don't look at this car

i dont particularly care for the wheel and tire combo on this car but everything else works for me...I am not the kind of guy who worries if a car is true to one particular style...I like it when someone combines different styles to build their car.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

that labor thing is a bitch , all that mud slinging has it's costs

Comment

Guys... there's 15k in paint... ( easy ) oh well.... ( to get to 350K you have to figure Pinky's shop rate though )

But the gig is that I dig it totally.... it's Different and well done... Nice... actually... Very Nice...

Drag cars in the day Had Nerf bars... Yep they push started too.. cause that's what they knew from the Lakes... which is where the style of the wheels and tires would have come from...

Also keep in mind there was a day in America where we cast things without a thought... and those wheels would simply have been an extension of that...

Thanks for sharing it... cool exercise in folks opinions on style and design....

K ( Groucho does stuff that feels like this car to me... that's why I like his Junk )

Comment

I've posted about the first street rod I was ever around and this has sort of the same vibe. But Marshall's was full fendered so I sort of have a soft spot for fenders.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk

Drag cars in the day Had Nerf bars... Yep they push started too..
            would a drag car have the bars on the sides? THat's what's weird....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

nascar mods do , to keep the tire to tire contact to a minimum
              why not lakes pipes ?

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                Originally posted by KeithTurk

Drag cars in the day Had Nerf bars... Yep they push started too..

Actually, the car would be made to resemble a era dirt car , and those nerf bars on the sides would of been great to keep you from cart wheeling in a open wheeled car ..

I don't suppose I should post any other pics I took, I even have a nice 55 Chebbie to show ;D

sigpic

Comment

Just for Jim, I'll post a couple others ..

I've seen hundreds and hundreds of 55's in my day ..I remember well my Aunt Venice having a 2 tone blue one that I rode in as a kid about 1960-61 ..and I've seen from stock to race to , well ugly .. :

This 55 was said to be built at home, If thats true he did a great job, its one of the nicest I've ever seen ..
                  sigpic

Comment

Wish the doors would of been closed >

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

A V8 with a brutal SoundThe engine is an open Hemi 392
                        President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad

Actually, the car would be made to resemble a era dirt car , and those nerf bars on the sides would of been great to keep you from cart wheeling in a open wheeled car ..

I don't suppose I should post any other pics I took, I even have a nice 55 Chebbie to show ;D
                          That's a nice 55!

I know what the bars on the side of the deuce are for...it's just that they only look right if the rest of the car is also set up like a dirt track car, which it isn't. I guess anything "old" looking is ok now though.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad

That's a nice 55!

I know what the bars on the side of the deuce are for...it's just that they only look right if the rest of the car is also set up like a dirt track car, which it isn't. I guess anything "old" looking is ok now though.

Or it a piece added to the vehciel that builder liked...Myabe he wasnt building to fit into a trend , maybe he put pieces on the car that he found astheticaly pleasing to him...
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

That's what I figure too.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X