No announcement yet.

Thelma & Louise.....I mean Denise & Megan's Great California Hot Rod Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thelma & Louise.....I mean Denise & Megan's Great California Hot Rod Adventure

I'm usually there on my motorcycle, a Kawasaki Vulcan, But I hang out with a few friends. I'm sure you know the cars. White El Camino, brown 73 Montego, black 72 Camaro, black 79 T/A.

I'm sure I'll see you in the spring.
    I'll be the one looking like he needs a cookie..
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Re: Thelma & Louise.....I mean Denise & Megan's Great California Hot Rod Adventure

Should I even tell you that I made a HUGE double batch tonight and they are sitting on my counter cooling right now? ;)

Where do you live?? ;D

The cars sound fimiliar but I don't seem to have any shots of them.

Is that the T/A in the background of this shot?

Comment

Wrong year T/A. If I can find some pics I'll post them somewhere.

I live at Maple and Woodward. Northeast corner.

I can smell them.
        My wife made a cherry pie yesterday. I'm going to get a piece right now!!

Where are you. I remember seeing the thread with you're unusual use of tool boxes. Cool!
        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I'm in Lovely Livonia.
          You and your wife will have to come to my Autorama bash that is held on that Saturday night.

I LOVE that custard place at almost 14 Mile on the east side of Woodward. We usually walk there from the Shell station

Comment

I work in Livonia. Wayne Rd and Schoolcraft. PM me if you want to come by and see our race car. There are pics of it in the "What do you do for a living" thread.
            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I live at Schoolcraft and Middlebelt (NE corner) in "Compton".

I took a look...WOW, very impressive. I'd certainly love to stop by. Well make it in a couple of months as soon as it warms up and I'll drive Big Olds over.

Comment

Get ahold of me anytime. We've got a lot of junk to look at.
                Cognizant Dissident

Comment

See, another invite !!
                  ;D

Comment

Re: Thelma & Louise.....I mean Denise & Megan's Great California Hot Rod Adventu

I have to learn to bake! Those cookies seem to get Denise in the door ANYPLACE. Maybe we can organize a trip to Fort Knox - they'd probably give her a "souvenir" if you catch my drift.

Denise - hope you get out to Maxton this year (another invite). We'd love to have you, and I think you would have a great time, too. While cookies are always welcome, there's usually enough food around there to feed an army, besides our food vendor. Hope we see you there. I can always put you to work, too.

Dan

Comment

Re: Thelma & Louise.....I mean Denise & Megan's Great California Hot Rod Adventu

bump

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes

Denise - hope you get out to Maxton this year (another invite). We'd love to have you, and I think you would have a great time, too. While cookies are always welcome, there's usually enough food around there to feed an army, besides our food vendor. Hope we see you there. I can always put you to work, too.

Dan
                        Please explain what, where and when "Maxton" is.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                          See, another invite !!
                          ;D
                          Yep, and if you noticed I invited him and his wife to an annual party I'm having next month. Works both ways, be both make new friends and network.

You need to make it north next month for the Detroit Autorama and my Hot Rod Mingle. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by std
                            Get ahold of me anytime. We've got a lot of junk to look at.
                            I'll be in touch. Thanks for the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodLadyCrusr

Maxton is about an hour from Charlotte, NC. It's where the East Coast Timing Association runs a land speed racing event (standing start 1 mile distance) on an old airport runway. Several people on this forum are involved with the organization of the events, as well as competing. Check out www.ecta-lsr.com

cheers
                              Ed N.
                              Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                              07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                              88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Yeah, what Ed said. We have more fun than anyone should be allowed - didn't know you were "out of the loop" (whatever THAT means) on this one.

The April meet (April 5&6) is also the Hot Rod Magazine Top Speed Challenge. There's a car show in Laurinberg (the closest town of any size - where the motels are) on Saturday night, and the past couple of years a number of the cars have come out to the track as well, making a show there.

We race, we tell lies, we have fun. It's a BLAST and we'd love to have you.

Keith Turk is our race director, I race and try to coordinate the Volunteers, Dave Matyjazic (Hey, I TRIED to spell your whole name) and his twin Mike are regulars (Green Junk and Mikeblastr?), and Rev and a bunch of others come regularly. Dieselgeek (Scott) will be there from time to time - hoping to see him in April, but not sure of his schedule (he's a GREAT guy). I think David F is planning to come in April, and someone, probably Rob Kinnan last I heard, will be there from HRM to track the Top Speed challengers and hand out the jackets to the winners. You know - the jacket I will never get one of!

It's about a 2 day drive from MI, or you can fly into Charlotte, which I think is the closest airport (they'll correct me if I'm wrong). Then grab one of those $15 Mustang converts and come on down. Actually, if you want to take it down the track, get a six so you can't exceed 135, and get a coupe. It won't be the first rental down the track, methinks.

So come if you can

Dan

Originally posted by fast Ed
                                Originally posted by HotRodLadyCrusr

Maxton is about an hour from Charlotte, NC. It's where the East Coast Timing Association runs a land speed racing event (standing start 1 mile distance) on an old airport runway. Several people on this forum are involved with the organization of the events, as well as competing. Check out www.ecta-lsr.com

cheers
                                Ed N.

Comment

Working...
                                X