The weekend of my 50th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weekend of my 50th

I think I had a pretty good weekend. Started out by ggoing to Johns shop and getting seth's car. We also picked up rear end parts and motot parts for John's ranger. We dumped it all at my shop and I went to have several coctails with some other friends.

We're all E Street Fans, so we started talking about how this may be the last tour. Clanence has bad knees and can hardly walk. So we start looking around for tickets for sometime in November, but we're aren't having much luck. The band is playinging 5 days at the Meadowlandsand concert 3 is Saturday night. Sometimes there are misc. tickets left over so I look. 3 tickets in pretty good seat for $98 each. Bill says"you wanna go?'. Sara says"uh, i'll go, so I buy them.

We're several cocktails into the evening, so it's probably midnight. I head home for a couple hours sleep and to grab some clothes. I get back to their house and we're on the road by 7:00 Saturday morning. Google says it's gonna take us over 10 hours, so we make it in 9 1/5. Several more coctails are consumed, they play yhe Born in the USA album in order, I lose count of songs and miss my date in the beer line, they finish with Thunder road, and now we need more drinks and a place to sleep. Off to NYC

We finally get a hold of Bill's neice. She has a 1 bedroom apt. by her university.We pick her up and head out for drinks, food and more fun.By the time we're done, it's about 5am. I'm on the couch, bill takes the floor, and Sara and Jane take the bed. A couple hours sleep and we're back on the road right after Starbucks.

Many hours later we're in Toledo and starving. Tony Packo's is as good as Klinger always said it was. By the time we get to Bill and Sara's and get unloaded it's almost 7:00. I call a friand that's nearby and crash at her house. Way better then driving home. Of course I'm very late for work Monday morning, and then I don't do much. Since Monday was my birthday, my friend takes me out to a nice resturant for dinner. A nice place overlooking the river. Not much to drink that night. I needed a little detox at that point.

I'm late for work on tuesday, but I had a great birthday weekend.
    Cognizant Dissident

Re: The weekend of my 50th

Happy birthday man...life begins at 50 ;D
    Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Happy Birthday Dave

Steve
      Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Happy Birthday Dave. Sounds like you had a great time.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Happy Birthday, young man! Welcome to your 6th decade! ;D
          President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven
            Happy birthday man...life begins at 50 ;D
            It better, I just passed that hash mark this past September 8)
            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Dave, epic weekend man.

Sounds like a hoot!
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Happy B-day big "D"

Comment

Glad you survived the whole deal. At 50 I had started to value contentment above all else and it makes for a happy old age - not that you're there yet!

Happy Birthday, you young whippersnapper!!!

Dan

Comment

Sounds like a perfect birthday adventure. Happy Birthday.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Nicely done Dave!

Epic indeed!

You don't look, act, or have the energy level of 50, I'd say more like 40.... if that.

Thanks for all your help with the Ranger!

Glad you enjoyed the Boss - I went to his concert at Comerica park - I think in '04,
                      and was not happy with him, $75ea for mediocre seats
                      - he was in the motorcity and didn't play racin in the street, born to run, or thunder road.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

What a great birthday present you won't ever forget.
                        Happy Birthday Dave !!
                        ;D

Comment

Originally posted by std
                          I think I had a pretty good weekend. Started out by ggoing to Johns shop and getting seth's car. We also picked up rear end parts and motot parts for John's ranger. We dumped it all at my shop and I went to have several coctails with some other friends.

We're all E Street Fans, so we started talking about how this may be the last tour. Clanence has bad knees and can hardly walk. So we start looking around for tickets for sometime in November, but we're aren't having much luck. The band is playinging 5 days at the Meadowlandsand concert 3 is Saturday night. Sometimes there are misc. tickets left over so I look. 3 tickets in pretty good seat for $98 each. Bill says"you wanna go?'. Sara says"uh, i'll go, so I buy them.

We're several cocktails into the evening, so it's probably midnight. I head home for a couple hours sleep and to grab some clothes. I get back to their house and we're on the road by 7:00 Saturday morning. Google says it's gonna take us over 10 hours, so we make it in 9 1/5. Several more coctails are consumed, they play yhe Born in the USA album in order, I lose count of songs and miss my date in the beer line, they finish with Thunder road, and now we need more drinks and a place to sleep. Off to NYC

We finally get a hold of Bill's neice. She has a 1 bedroom apt. by her university.We pick her up and head out for drinks, food and more fun.By the time we're done, it's about 5am. I'm on the couch, bill takes the floor, and Sara and Jane take the bed. A couple hours sleep and we're back on the road right after Starbucks.

Many hours later we're in Toledo and starving. Tony Packo's is as good as Klinger always said it was. By the time we get to Bill and Sara's and get unloaded it's almost 7:00. I call a friand that's nearby and crash at her house. Way better then driving home. Of course I'm very late for work Monday morning, and then I don't do much. Since Monday was my birthday, my friend takes me out to a nice resturant for dinner. A nice place overlooking the river. Not much to drink that night. I needed a little detox at that point.

I'm late for work on tuesday, but I had a great birthday weekend.
                          Happy 50th.You have a lot of energy, way more than me and im 15 years younger than you.I could never do what you did in one night ,I wouldnt be right for 3 days.

Comment

What makes you think Dave is "right"?

Dan

Comment

Thanks everybody. It certainly was a weekend to remember. The spontaneous road trips don't seem to happen like they used to, they all seem to be planned. I'm glad I have friends to do these things with.

And if I'm not "right" I don't want to be
                              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X