Hey BlackOutSteve!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey BlackOutSteve!

Cool man, I always saw the vids on Youtube of that crazy mofo with the right hand coverted 69 Camaro, but I just noticed that was YOU! I even saved the vids for when Im havin a bad day. Just watchin those vids gives ya one of them warm fuzzy feelings! LMAO! ;D I dont know how I didnt put 2 and 2 together till now... guess my ol lady is right, I dont pay enough attention...Wait, did I just say she was right? ???

Well keep up the good work, cant wait to see vids of that thing when its finished!

Re: Hey BlackOutSteve!

Thanks a heap Grubby.
    I'm glad you like the other vids too..
    I know the feeling. I often watch them over and over like some autistic fool!

Let's keep them under wraps for now, as I intend to use them for more up-coming Mondays, (..if need be). ;)

Comment

Hey BlackoutSteve, I just checked out the vid of the air raid siren you have in your by-line.
      I lived in Florida during the Cuban missle crissis and Bay of Pigs and was not even aware of these things.
      Totally Cool and good job starting the V-8 up after so many years.

Very cool ....

;D

You all have gotta check out this bad boy ...

Robbie Coltrane and Don Garlits fire up an old Chrysler Hemi Powered Air Raid Siren.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve
        Thanks a heap Grubby.
        I'm glad you like the other vids too..
        I know the feeling. I often watch them over and over like some autistic fool!

Let's keep them under wraps for now, as I intend to use them for more up-coming Mondays, (..if need be). ;)
        A monday with BlackoutSteve vs. BlackoutSteve?
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Steve & Steve -
          Thanks for sending that along. That is just WAY cool. Now I want a street rod to put it in!

Dan

Originally posted by White Monster
          Hey BlackoutSteve, I just checked out the vid of the air raid siren you have in your by-line.
          I lived in Florida during the Cuban missle crissis and Bay of Pigs and was not even aware of these things.
          Totally Cool and good job starting the V-8 up after so many years.

Very cool ....

;D

You all have gotta check out this bad boy ...

Robbie Coltrane and Don Garlits fire up an old Chrysler Hemi Powered Air Raid Siren.

Comment

Hey, Steve, I've always wondered if your Camaro was always right hand drive or did you have to convert it? If you did convert, how?
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Steve's Camaro is a left hand drive that he converted poorly the first time and PERFECTLY this time... it's a truly stunning bit of tin work... he's got some killer pictures of the heater box somewhere that we can beg him to break out...

it's worth the effort of pestering him...

Keith ( why yes I've seen the car in Person... LOL )

Comment

Steve:

Just returned from my trip to AUS. Spent two weeks up in Queensland. Had a great time... the Reef was at the top of the list!!
                Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

blackout steve, would that your engine on the banks turbo website video?

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                    Steve's Camaro is a left hand drive that he converted poorly the first time and PERFECTLY this time..
                    Not quite right, but close. ;)
                    It was converted very poorly before I bought the car (1992), but I did make some effort to rectify to evil handling witch about 10 years ago that worked out quite well, although it was still an ugly conversion..
                    This resto is all starting on a clean slate. Firewall, dash, subframe, wiring, it's all correct now, although I'm still doing the wiring..

Comment

Originally posted by 50mercfan
                      blackout steve, would that your engine on the banks turbo website video?
                      No, unless they borrowed a Youtube link.

Comment

Originally posted by jcharliem
                        Steve:

Just returned from my trip to AUS. Spent two weeks up in Queensland. Had a great time... the Reef was at the top of the list!!
                        Wow, glad to hear you had a great time Charlie. The weather would have been great this time of year too, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                          Hey, Steve, I've always wondered if your Camaro was always right hand drive or did you have to convert it? If you did convert, how?
                          There are way too many photos to try and post.. I've been a long time at this too.
                          But here's some of what I've done.

The subframe (bought off Squrrel (Jforb)) was put on a jig that I made, and converted to function and look as OE as possible. -as if GM made it as RHD.

I also made a rotisserie and pulled the car completely apart.

Refabbed the dash from a doner..

..and refabbed the firewall..

Made the heater box that Keith has mentioned. That was fun! :D

Now I'm wiring..

So, it's coming along, but taking too damn long. I work 6 days a week, and almost everything that goes on the car needs to be modifed or fabbed. Overall it's fun., but sometimes it's a pain in the butt being a fussy wanker!

Comment

Wow, very nice work BlackoutSteve.

Oh, and being a "fussy wanker" is the only way to get it done right. No, "She'll be right, mate" on that beautiful car !!

8)

Comment

WOW! You have done a beautiful job! Makes my project look like small change, nice work.

Comment

Working...
                              X