Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Re: Do I want bacon? (a flowchart)

I like it turns out I need bacon

Comment

hmmmmm bacon....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Bacon was on sale. I bought some. Kept trying to figure out how to cook bacon in a dinner meal. Gave up and made bacon, eggs, and steak. Defib on standby. Oh, and I wore a shirt this time while cooking it.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
          Kept trying to figure out how to cook bacon in a dinner meal.
          Here: http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index...seen#msg185766

Good Lord is this good. I have made it a couple of times.

Comment

Made a trip to the store earlier to get some more Doritos (gotta have them), picante sauce (what good are the Doritos with no sauce?) and bacon for breakfast. I love the peppered thick cut and picked up 2 packs. BLT's for lunch. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
              Bacon was on sale. I bought some. Kept trying to figure out how to cook bacon in a dinner meal. Gave up and made bacon, eggs, and steak. Defib on standby. Oh, and I wore a shirt this time while cooking it.
              Fry the bacon. While bacon is frying, slice several potatoes in strips on one of those sliding cutting board things your wife has in the kitchen. Or just dice them up like Jason from Friday the 13th.
              After bacon is done, throw potatoes in the still-hot, still-sizzlin skillet, right in on top of the bacon grease. Add black pepper.
              Stir every now and then, and add more black pepper every time.

Optional, but yummy: When you buy your bacon, go to the deli counter and have them whack off a 1/4-inch thick slab of ham.

While potatoes are frying (don't forget to add black pepper), dice up the ham. Juuuuust before the potatoes are done, dump the ham into the potatoes. Stir. (don't forget to add black pepper)

Bacon, and potatoes fried in bacon grease with chunks of Ham. I call this my Ramadan Dinner, in observance of the Muslim holy month.

Or, if you'd rather keep your breakfast in the morning:
              Half-cook some bacon.
              Take the half-cooked bacon and wrap it around some 9-12 oz venison filets. Stake bacon to filet with toothpicks. Sear both sides of the filet on the skillet you just cooked the bacon in. (If you have to ask if you keep the bacon grease in the pan for this step, you are obviously a vegetarian). Remove seared filets and slap them on a charcoal grill. Cook until medium rare, which neatly coincides with the half-cooked bacon reaching "fully-cooked and edible without worry of those little parasite things."

Consume with an ice cold beer or a nice red wine, being sure to thank Muslims and Vegetarians for leaving all the good stuff for us.

-Brad

Comment

I'm sending this to my veggie neighbor. I'll know she got it when I hear a horrible scream.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X