Why I like old cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I like old cars

I got to fix the power window on my wife's Prowler this morning. Plastic.....cheap crap....the regulator assy has been discontinued, there's one NOS on epay for six bills. (the car is only 10 years old).

The hot tip to fix these things is to wrap carpet tape around the broken plastic tube, then wrap it with larger plastic tube and tie wrap it together. So that's what I did but I used aluminum roof flashing because I didn't have bigger plastic tube.

hokey shit

I seem to recall rebuilding the driver side regulator on my 55 using parts from a later donor, and my mig welder. Everything on them is steel.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Re: Why I like old cars

I think thats where the term "They don't build'um like they use to" came from.

Man's greatest invention = PLASTIC
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

goofy junk aint it :-\ I like good old manual
      crank windows :D
      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Anyway to do the Ford truck power window fix with some bolts and ACE hardware gears and pins?
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I like old cars because I could drive one from LA to Atlanta and keep it on the road with a roll of duct tape and a nail clipper.

Try doing that with a new car.

-Brad

Comment

I learned that troubleshooting the pushbutton 4WD system on a '94 Ranger is a bigger pain in the ass than troubleshooting a helicopter's electrical system. I'm F'd if the Monte takes a dump...
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Computers belong on desktops and plastic belongs on picnics tables..... I'll take a set of points any day.......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
              1966 Plymouth Fury III
              2014 Dodge Ram 1500
              Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
              Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Working...
              X