No announcement yet.

So who's going to talk me out of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who's going to talk me out of this?

So I've been driving past this car for a couple of months and finally called the business it was at and asked about it. The guy told me it was for sale as the only reason he had it was he took it as a part payment for debt that was owed. It's a 1980 Z28, with the L code 350. It's been modified as it definitely doesn't sound stock, but the guy had no idea about what it had, other then the obvious headers and intake. The car is typical New Mexico stuff, cherry body except for the paint, and a sun ravaged interior. Engine runs good, but the A/C set up has been removed along with the heater. I've been looking for a second gen for a while, but am a little hesitent because of the heat/ac stuff. The onwer quoted me $2000 but I think $1500 will bring it home. What do you guys think?

Nik

Re: So who's going to talk me out of this?

looks pretty good!!!!! :D
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Nobody here is going to talk you out of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed
        Nobody here is going to talk you out of it!
        Oh. no. please. stop. don't.

Give me a break. GET IT!! :D
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Looks familiar except the Earl Schieb paint on mine looked a bit better. Mine was/is a six/TH350 and had the heat/AC in tact when I bought it - I tossed all of that out as I made it a race car (wish I'd known). I think I do have the dash controls and outlet vents, however. Anyhow, I paid $800 for mine but it was kind of a fire sale deal - it had been sitting with no offers forever. I put in a battery and drove it home.

If you decide to take it I can send you a bunch of stuff but not much interior is good - same issue here.

Dan

Comment

Those things go pretty cheap here in Cali. Hard to do anything worthwhile to them and make them smog. I have been eyeballing those for a while and think you could probably get a complete Z car for 2k with decent paint and interior. Talk him down some more.
            Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

1500 seems a bit high for that. maybe 1000..even if it runs good the fiberglass and plastics are probably shot and the interior is fragged.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

If there is little cancer and you don't have to worry about smog...take her home ;D. There are plenty of bolt on replacement stuff for everything else that may need nursing
                a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

talk you out of this? uh, no.... however, without knowing what the motor is - 2k even 1500 seems pretty expensive. But, regional pricing may vary....
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I love those cars have had about 6 of those since 1984, and still have one now. I'd be the last guy to talk you out of it.
                    Originally posted by TC
                    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

What ?
                      You don't own it yet ?
                      Why not, it has been awhile since you dragged home the '66 Short Bus ....
                      ;D

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel
                        I love those cars have had about 6 of those since 1984, and still have one now. I'd be the last guy to talk you out of it.
                        I've had my '78 for 17 years now, and I still love it. So don't buy it...let me buy it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by badlanguage
                          Originally posted by A/Fuel
                          I've had my '78 for 17 years now, and I still love it. So don't buy it...let me buy it!!!
                          cool! I've been waiting for a place to post this pic. me and the '78 i still have when i first bought it in 1987.
                          Originally posted by TC
                          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Offer $1000....if he says no....give him your number and wait for his call..

Seth
                            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Seth's right... except make it an odd number like 1075 or 965.... then say it's most likely worth the 2000 he's asking... but right now that's all you can come up with.... don't want to offend....it's just what you can "afford" right now... then leave him your number and Walk

TRUST ME... if it's not about Money... the guy will take your offer...

K

Comment

Working...
                              X