BUMPERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUMPERS

Who else thinks the size,design and wether Chrome or body color, make a dramatic difference in a cars looks ? I think some cars without a bumper look better, and some you would notice a negative effect.

Re: BUMPERS

I have always liked chrome bumpers.
    HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Just like wheel/tire combo, the correct bumpers can make or break the look of any car.

I'm a chrome smoooooth bumper kinda gal.

Comment

I still think somewhere down the line (waaaay down the line) I'm going to explore the possibilities of split bumpers on the Ventura. It might work, but I'll have to bring the bumpers in a little more. Or the grill out, but I have a feeling the former would be easier.

Comment

I'm trying to picture my KIA with big Chrome Bumpers. LOL
          Now that would be a statement.

Comment

Wouldn't do much for the aero, either.

Comment

Some chrome bumpers are just ugly like my 73 Impala's was before I fixed it. I have yet to see a plastic/rubber one I like.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

There are some butt ugly cars out there. Many have a completely different look without the bumper. One good example are the "bug eye" Matador coupes that AMC made in the mid 70's...

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodLadyCrusr
                  I'm a chrome smoooooth bumper kinda gal.
                  Me too !!

Comment

if you love chrome bumpers you probably own a Pontiac! ;D
                    Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Split Chrome Bumpers.....

RickSSR 8)

Comment

the bumpers are like wheels, tires and paint...they can make or break a car...If I could trim or get rid of mine in some way I would cuz they are huge and dont really fit the look of the car....But I will keep them...if I go with the superstock look I will blast them and paint them silver and if I go another route I will chrome them...if I chrome them I want to shave them...if I paint them I want to leave the bolts visable....

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                          If I could trim or get rid of mine in some way I would cuz they are huge and dont really fit the look of the car....
                          I completely agree as far as the original front bumper on Big Olds. Oldsmobile missed the boat alittle on his. The bumpers were massive and ugly and in three piece. I could push a cow off the tracks with that bumper

Took it off and pitched it. Then took two '47 Chevy front bumpers, used 3/4 of one and 3/4 of the other, welded in the middle, welded the bumper bolts on, filled the holes then had it rechromed. Lowered it and brought it in closer to the body. HUGE difference.

Boy I love chrome.......

Comment

Great job Denise, very clean and smooooth.
                            ;)

Comment

I love the look of your Olds! I have always thought that they were the ugly duckling if the BOP/Chevys of that era, but you have done a great job of cleaning up the front! I have always thought that is one of the best attributes of hot rodding, to see the beauty in original design and using imagination to give it the look that YOU think it should have. Hats off to you!

As far as bumpers go, I'm split on the issue, I built a roll pan for the back of my El camino but I'm leaving the bumper up front.

If I built a '41 Chev (some day.....) I would bob the fenders and lose the bumpers!!!!

Here is a shot of the back of the Elco

Comment

Working...
                              X