I think my friend needs help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think my friend needs help...

That's why I offer to go with these young sailors when they want to purchase a car. There are some shady-ass dealerships out there. I'm always wary of the "E-1 and up, we'll finace anybody" type dealerships. I've managed to keep a few from buying a nightmare. I pissed one small dealership off so much that they kicked me off their lot. If we have some dealership try to screw over a sailor and it's documented that the dealership has done it on more than one occasion, the Navy commander for that area has them put on a "black list". Once that happens, a message is sent out to all commands and the offending dealership (orany other shady business) letting them know of the new addition. Sailors are prohibited from doing any type of business with anyone on the black list. They usually end up going out of business within a year of being placed on the black list. However, there's 10 other shady SOB's waiting in the wings to take their place so it's like putting your finger in the dike to stop the flood.

Comment

I would save it. Its surface rust not rot and there was only 1100 made. It unique enough and not like everything else at your local cruise night.

Comment

Originally posted by HillbillySailor
        I did find this car on Ebay. I figure he can use it for a parts car...

If my friend gets it, I'm sure he'll give up the pimp interior for "The Van" though... 8)
        Holy crumb !!!

That reminds me of a Chevy II I saw a long time ago with the interior done up in purple funny fur, that long silky smooth furry stuff that was in vogue back then. The name and theme to the car was 'Return to the Womb'.... <gack>

Comment

Originally posted by wikd69

Holy crumb !!!

That reminds me of a Chevy II I saw a long time ago with the interior done up in purple funny fur, that long silky smooth furry stuff that was in vogue back then. The name and theme to the car was 'Return to the Womb'.... <gack>
          thats kinda gross really. I have a strict policy- no rides in a car named after a uterus.

Comment

Originally posted by thevic24
            hey, just for shizits and grins, you see if it will start just like that. but you have to leave the leaves there 8)
            I figure that motor is locked up tighter than a 16 year old virgin. 8)
            this is 2008, there are no 16yr old virgins anymore.

Comment

so it's like putting your finger in the dike to stop the flood.
              you're a dude, thats only going to piss her off

Damn I'm on the ball tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Green Junk
                so it's like putting your finger in the dike to stop the flood.
                you're a dude, thats only going to piss her off

Damn I'm on the ball tonight
                Haha, good stuff. Just beware of the monk! he made me wash out my mouse with soap. i Deserved it tho.

Comment

Oh my gawd, lol...

Why use the black LeMans as a parts car? Just get rid of the Chester Molester interior and that thing is actually pretty sweet.
                  Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                    Oh my gawd, lol...

Why use the black LeMans as a parts car? Just get rid of the Chester Molester interior and that thing is actually pretty sweet.
                    Dude, you have to see this Can Am up close to see why you need a solid parts car to resurrect it. The car is going to require ALOT of metal work to get it back up to snuff.

Comment

That's why I offer to go with these young sailors when they want to purchase a car. There are some shady-ass dealerships out there. I'm always wary of the "E-1 and up, we'll finace anybody" type dealerships. I've managed to keep a few from buying a nightmare. I pissed one small dealership off so much that they kicked me off their lot. If we have some dealership try to screw over a sailor and it's documented that the dealership has done it on more than one occasion, the Navy commander for that area has them put on a "black list". Once that happens, a message is sent out to all commands and the offending dealership (orany other shady business) letting them know of the new addition. Sailors are prohibited from doing any type of business with anyone on the black list. They usually end up going out of business within a year of being placed on the black list. However, there's 10 other shady SOB's waiting in the wings to take their place so it's like putting your finger in the dike to stop the flood.
                      Hillbilly, it sounds like you regularly rescue young goobers like me. Good deal, somebody has to watch out for us knuckleheads... ;D

Back in the day, I was stationed in San Diego, at 32nd. Being young and dumb and without wheels, I bought (!! Easy Instant Financing !!) a 66 Dart GT from a local car lot in National City, right off the base. That should tell you something right there. Anyway, I paid something like $600 or $800 dollars for the Dart, a huge sum back then. This was 1974 or thereabouts and I was making all of $326.10 a month as an E2. Turns out the Dart wasn't such a good deal, cuz the first time I changed oil all of the sawdust fell out of the rings and guides. From that point forward, that poor old Dart would burn 8 or 10 quarts of oil per tank. Man, I was my own rolling EPA SuperSite, you could probably see me from orbit smoking around town. Think 'mobile burning oil field' and you'll get the idea.

The First Class (E6) I was working for bailed me out by going with me back to the car lot and 'convinced' them to take the Dart back. Evidently these guys had a history of gaffing young guys off the base and base legal knew all about them. That First Class saved my butt that day.

Comment

Was just noticing that the LeMans is about 90% there, vs. the Can Am, which needs an angel from Goodmark...

If you want what I consider the ultimate screwover place, AutoMax in Killeen did a number on me. $12,700 for a '99 Blazer 2-dr in 2002, went into service 11 times in less than 13 months for all sorts of fun...whole fuel system, sticking throttle, exploding water pump (yeah, I mean exploding...), both spindles broken...I screwed over a Chevy dealership to trade it for my old '01 Ram just before I deployed the first time.

13 months later, when I returned, it was at a car lot in Copperas Cove (the other side of Ft. Hood) for sale..at $12,700. I died laughing on the way out of there...
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

You guys need to come up to the rust belt. Thats a good solid builder up here.

The T/A 6.6 designation on the hoodscoop should mean the 400 pontiac in it.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerRick
                            You guys need to come up to the rust belt. Thats a good solid builder up here.
                            Yeah, other than around the back window it doesn't look too bad. At least the quarters look like they're all there.

Comment

With some time that car could be a really Cool Ride. I've seen a few Cars of that Body Style in my area here in Greenville, SC. He could pick up some Fenders , Doors, and other parts just by looking around in some of the Bigger Parts yards. He could get some Leopard interior is he wants to Pimp it out too.

Really he should fix it up and make it fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X