No announcement yet.

CAR SHIPPED COAST TO COAST. WHO TO USE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAR SHIPPED COAST TO COAST. WHO TO USE?

A friend of mine needs an E350 cargo van shipped from Los Angeles to Vermont. I have limited experience with this. Who in your opinion is the best company to deal with price wise? Anyone have anything shipped recently?

Re: CAR SHIPPED COAST TO COAST. WHO TO USE?

in Canada I have used VIA rail and it was inexpensive. I guess Amtrack would be your equivalent?

Comment

I've used Intercity Lines in the past and had good service from them. They may be a little overkill if you're shipping something other than a custom or high-end ride.

Intercity Lines is America's premier enclosed auto transport company. We are the nationwide enclosed car shipping company trusted by Jay Leno & Wayne Carini

Comment

Originally posted by wikd69
        I've used Intercity Lines in the past and had good service from them. They may be a little overkill if you're shipping something other than a custom or high-end ride.

Intercity Lines is America's premier enclosed auto transport company. We are the nationwide enclosed car shipping company trusted by Jay Leno & Wayne Carini
        Thanks for the suggestion. We tried a broker who put it out for bid and we have had a few already. The prices range from $915.00 to $1285.00
        The alternative was to fly out and drive it. The van has a V-10 and gets 7-8 mpg. The cost of fuel is equal to the cost of having it shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
          Originally posted by wikd69

Thanks for the suggestion. We tried a broker who put it out for bid and we have had a few already. The prices range from $915.00 to $1285.00
          The alternative was to fly out and drive it. The van has a V-10 and gets 7-8 mpg. The cost of fuel is equal to the cost of having it shipped.
          You'll want to be very careful about going through a broker. I sold a car to a fellow out in PA who used a broker to get the lowest possible price and he didn't see the vehicle for almost 2 1/2 months, shipping from Northern Calif to Pennsylvania. They route the vehicle from hub to hub, waiting for open slots on whatever carrier is headed in the right direction. It was pretty ugly in the end and he had to finally threaten them with legal stuff to get them to move the vehicle. Think 'flying standby, seat available' and you'll get the idea.

Comment

from Vancouver to Toronto was $620 tax in by rail. That was in 2004. I did have to pick it up at the rail yard but found the process easy and cheap

Comment

I used Intercity as well.Should be easier to get it scheduled since its going west to east.FedX also is in the transport business.They bought out the old "PassportTransport" company a few years back.

Comment

Working...
              X