Opinions on PowerTour '08 support vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on PowerTour '08 support vehicle

My husband and I have been long haulers on the Power Tour since 2003 but due to financial issues we may not get to make it this year. We have considered driving our small motor home with our car trailer as a support vehicle and it occured to us that we could also transport someone’s car to Little Rock from Georgia or along the way if there is someone out there who doesn't want to make the initial drive to Arkansas but wants to drive their car on the tour. We are not trying to take advantage of anyone’s misfortune in breaking down...just looking for a way to go on the tour again. I'm looking for opinions out there. If somebody were to break down and we were available to haul their car (and them in air conditioned comfort) to the next venue where there would be a much better chance getting it fixed, what do you think this would be worth??? If a muscle car or street rod were getting 15 miles to the gallon and gas is 3.00 per gallon it would cost them .20 per mile to operate that muscle car or street rod. It would cost me closer to .28 to .30 cents a mile. Car haulers typically charge about 1.50 a loaded mile. Attached is a picture of our motor home and car trailer. I’ve hauled cars to about 18 states over the years, accident free so far. Opinions and feedback appreciated. By driving the motorhome, we have eliminated the hotel cost, now I’m just looking for a way to supplement the fuel cost.

Thanks!

Link to our motorhome/trailer below...copy and paste.

Re: Opinions on PowerTour '08 support vehicle

Looking at your list of cars, I'm having a little problem with the whole financial issues thing. Sell one of them and you'll have plenty of money to do the trip. Otherwise it it just sounds like a commercial.

"FiveBufords

My Cars: '62 Buick 2 door post w/Turbo Buick GN drivetrain, '67 Buick GS400 H/T, '70 Buick GS455 conv, '87 Buick Turbo T, '94 Buick woody wagon, AirRide & Americans, '65 Chevy S/B w/406 Weiand blower, T56, '05 Cadillac CTS-V w/LS6 six speed, SCJ Torino w Ram Air, '72 Montego GT (first car), small '67 Airstream trailer, two chipped TDI VW's, Ford Ranger p/u

"Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
    X