Pinks All Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinks All Out

Has anyone heard about Pinks all Out creating a new series to go nationwide to all the little tracks and have regional and divisional shootouts between the tracks?

Re: Pinks All Out

nope...it'd be sweet if they came to maine though :

Comment

After being part of Rich Christiensen's Arm Drop Live, I'll never waste my $$$$ on another Pinks event. The guy has a seriously inflated ego and still doesn't have a clue about cars and the car culture. Plus, and I'm not the only one in the Denver area that feels this way, the event was rigged. Granted it wasn't a race for $10k, but it would have been nice to have a level playing field. IMHO, that WillyB guy should not have been allowed to compete.....even if Denver is his home track. You're better off without all the drama that Pinks has to offer.
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Dan,

I've read aa TON of negative stuff about the arm drop live events. I think the shark is preparing for a jump.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

In conversations with the track personel, nobody that works there was very happy either. I like the last line of his official rules that you get when you go thru tech, "Rich may change any of the above rules, without notice, to make the event run smoother".

Comment

unlike the NHRA formula - the audience likes watching ham and egger cars on tv

Comment

I'd rather watch Pass Time.......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
              1966 Plymouth Fury III
              2014 Dodge Ram 1500
              Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
              Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

same production company
                but the pass time host and ken herring are so darn likable

Comment

never really cared for the "All Out" stuff, but a couple of guys here have run the events and done well, and liked it. GoatRacer, CDMBill both "made the show" on a recent west coast event, should be on TV sometime soon.

I miss the original Pinks. We had a car all ready to go, they told us for 2 years "next event wefilm, you can attend" but they ended up not filming any more traditional episodes instead doing the "All Out" thing.

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I attended the Pinks All Out in Martin Michigan and missed the field being a tenth too fast.

Overall, I thought Rich was a nice guy -- just high energy and kind of hyper. The event was run VERY well. They were able to get 500 cars down the track in only a couple hours. The whole sign in and parking deal was well organized. No complaints from me.

If you go expecting a race competition and want to make a lot of passes down the track you are going for the wrong reason. If you go expecting to camp at the track, party, and see some fast/cool cars you will have a riot. You are basically auditioning for a TV show -- the best racer(s) usually do not make the cut, the most photogenic personalities do.

Comment

Eric, your experience describes everyone I have talked to that has run their car at an "All Out" event.

The "Arm Drop Live" series is a similar, but different animal, that does not get any time on TV. Apparently the series is over. The website has a personal message from Rich saying that the remaining races will be it for "Arm Drop Live".

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I met CDMBill and Goatracer at the Bakersfield event. We talked about how there is so much 'show' in what is going on. The whole thing is a little over inflated for real car guys. I was talking with some other friends of mine that are generations before me and they were a bit disgusted with the whole non stop talking circus show. It was fun to go and see, but I think I will stay home next time.
                        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

At the TnT the day before the event here, we were told by the event staff that consistency is what they are looking for. When Rich himself took the mike on the day of the event, he said the same thing "run your car all out, we're looking for consistency".

I went 11.161, 11.158, 11.159, 11.155 (TnT + qual), yet did not get picked to run in one of the classes, although a friend did get picked for the 11 second class. His 3 runs: 11.801, 11.564, and 11.773....just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not bitter, I enter every race with the understanding that I'll be 1st round runner up most of the time, just putting my observations out there. The original Pinks was WAAAYYY better!

Comment

Alot of the racers from KS and Mo had such a bad experience in St Louis in the spring that there were hardly any entrants for the HPT event.Thus it was cancelled.I did get to watch Rich dump the bike at HPT in person though ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster

I went 11.161, 11.158, 11.159, 11.155 (TnT + qual), yet did not get picked to run in one of the classes, although a friend did get picked for the 11 second class. His 3 runs: 11.801, 11.564, and 11.773....just doesn't make sense to me.
                              You were too fast -- looks like they picked a mid-11 second group.

They picked cars that were running 10.35-10.50 when I was at PAO at Martin. I ran 10.2's that day. :-\

Comment

Working...
                              X