Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm heading out to look at a Gremlin in the A.M, anything to look for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm heading out to look at a Gremlin in the A.M, anything to look for?

Look for rot in the unibody around the"frame rails". Steering columns are GM type.
    If the grill is complete buy the car. To convert to a V8 you need a V8 crossmember. If you don't have Disc brakes most ball joint spindles and brakes except Pacer are a bolt on. Rear wheel well rot is common.

Nick

Comment

There is a company that makes motor mounts to stick a V8 in a car with a I6 crossmember.

Comment

The Gremlin-cartoon gas cap is always missing. '76 is an ungood year.

Nik, depending on how badly you need one, I may be able to send you another car...

Comment

First off, I got called in to work today so I have to reschedule the Gremlin trip (it's about 250 miles from me) for another day off. If I actually get one.

DF, you have my attention. First, why is '76 an ungood year? Where there funky changes from the previous year? Second, talk to me about the Gremmie you have. ;D

Nik

Comment

my first car was a silver 78 with the maroon Levi's interior...258 /4 speed..
            "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Had a 72 X with the 304 , 3speed . Very fun car. Not a better car out there for the big and little treatment. Just know that you will break shock mounts and they probably don't make them anymore so.... fab skills would be great cause someones going to have to make a better one!

Comment

Originally posted by 68 Valiant
                If there's a licorice dispenser on the roof this car may have movie heritage and be worth more....
                PARTY ON!!
                I believe that was a Pacer with the licorice dispenser.

Also don't get gremlins wet, they multiply

Comment

??? DF has one of these???????
                  I saw one with a SBC and a tunnle ram
                  COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
                  X