Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could build any Engine?

Dave,
    If you could build any Engine, what would it be?

I have always wanted a mean 427 BB Chevy Turboed or Blown, then I would have to Stuff it in a Pro Street 67 Chevy II. Lowered and Tubbed. Or Gasser Style.

Re: If you could build any Engine?

I'd like to build a roller lifter and rocker arm Buick 455 with all the bells and whistles. Maybe with a supercharger or turbo.... Multiport Fuel Injecting it is Step one ;)

The other engine I had thought about when I owned a Firebird was an OHC I6, and build it for all the rpm I could get out of it.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

A 455 Olds DOHC. I believe only a prototype was made.

Comment

I would love to do a Ford Mod Motor with a carb..... get rid of the EFI junk and throw it in a Galaxy or something. When you pop the hood everyone will be scratching their heads..... DOHC 4.6L with a 4 bbl

Just an interesting thougt

Comment

I've already built it, I still would like to make a few 'upgrades' though. Dave

Comment

A twin to the Nelson motor in F-Bomb....but bigger....more power....and....and....yeah.

Comment

I'd like a perfectly retro-correct Hilborn-injected, drag-style Boss 429.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                My buddy Tim had a bunch of Boss 429 stuff, basically enough to build 2 complete engines, plus a bunch of extra intakes and pistons and stuff. He bought them off a guy who ran a MP Maverick, but ran out of money doing a remodel on his house and had to sell it all. I should have bought it, but I'd just picked up my '68 Charger R/T. He had a Roush-cast siamese bore block that was supposedly good to 600+ inches, magnesium valve covers, NASCAR intakes. There's a nostalgia funny car Maverick that has a Hilborn-injected Boss 429 - wicked looking for sure. The Plastic Fantastic, here's a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger

DF, are you a closet Ford guy?

I know, you like em all.

Comment

I'd like to build an Offenhauser. This engine in it's original design was very ingenious. In a time when head gaskets would fail on start up the Offy had no head gaskets. Connecting rods, cams, and cranks were machined because forging was not as strong at the time. The crankshaft had diaphragm main webs bolted to it THEN the block was heated with a blow torch as the crank assy. was lowered into the crankcase.
                    I'd like to try that!

Short of the a Allison V-12 would be cool too.......
                    There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

I would like to do a diesel.. may be a 5 cylinder one for my station waggon... with twin turbos, and an injection pump to move some fuel...

Comment

Something like this for me.

Though an Offy would be next.

bob

Comment

If the coin was available, an R08 would be cool. Even if the distributor is in the front.
                          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Those tubes sticking out of the Hood Looks Awesome. I would also like to have an Original Snake Funny Car. Then I could Die.

Comment

I have lots of options. One would be a "cost is no object" inline Chevy six for an all-out assault on Bonneville. I have a theory that the bigger bore size should be an advantage over a small block, if you had the money to get the best head and make it all bulletproof.

An early 392 Hemi for street use would be cool - set of Weber downdrafts and enough cam to be interesting but still useable.

A no-holds-barred Big Block Buick would be fun. Those heads (especially the aftermarket ones) breathe like crazy, and the oiling systems can be modified to make 'em live. That could go in the Camaro and to Bonneville (and Maxton, of course) and hopefully be competitive.

Any old Nailhead. Call up Mr. Ivo and pull all that knowledge out of him and into an XO engine (as an LSR buddy) - I'd start with a 322.

A Packard V8, because I've never seen one "done up".

I could go on and on, as I love 'em all.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X