If you could build any Engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you could build any Engine?

Without a doubt, for me it would have to be a SOHC 427 Ford. Years ago I read an article in one of the car magazines and it had a 69-70 Mustang with one of these in it, I've been drooling every since.

Nik

Comment

Another "any" guy, but three really spike my interest right now:

The RB Stroker Mopar: 400 with a 440 crank, make that thing anvil-strong, full abuse. Well over 700 ft.lbs, Shove it into a '76 Fury Sport.

A high-winding 327 with modern FI and computer mapping, shoved into a '74-'77 Camaro

Would like to try a 2.6 Hemi in a Conquest, just to say I did it.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

How 'bout this monster. The blockis a Falconer V-12 . It's based on a Big Block Chevy but with four more cylinders .I think it would be great in a '66 Pontiac Bonniville then go hunting Zo6's and vipers !

Comment

I would build not a car engine, but a 1700cc puma ,with a sprintex blower, in a high gear only top fuel bike....gotta be the scariest rides on the planet!

Comment

My dream engine is a 8.5 to 1 comp ratio all aluminum 632 big block with twin 101 mm turbo's. Stuff it in a 55 chevy that looks like the TLB car.
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by Nik
              Without a doubt, for me it would have to be a SOHC 427 Ford. Years ago I read an article in one of the car magazines and it had a 69-70 Mustang with one of these in it, I've been drooling every since.

Nik

Nik beat me to it, but looking at my avitar, you'd have guessed anyway.

Comment

All aluminum TT 572 HEMI for the Coronet so I could make it a WO Clone with some spunk!

Comment

1. 300 buick, .060 over with 350 buick heads, .030 305 chevrolet pistons, roller camshaft, hand made intake (chevy RPM Air Gap cut and rewelded, drilled bungs) Spyder EFI to carb neck, Ford Mass Air electronics and two small turbos. That damn V-6 gave the world a run for its money, why not the small block version with a killer bore to stroke ratio and the best set of heads available. 650 hp is easy.
                  2. A 1996 LT-1 block with the destroked 4.2 ?? crank and offset grind it to attain a 302 ci LT-1 in a 6 speed camaro. Make a newstalgia corner carver with an easy 400 hp. Where is Vics Trans AM racer when you need something to blow away?

Volumetric efficiency is where these two motors would scream. Build them both N/A and rule the Engine Masters Challenge. HP/CI

Comment

big inch BBC with a ton of spray and 15 or 18 degree heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                      I'd like a perfectly retro-correct Hilborn-injected, drag-style Boss 429.
                      Might be do-able soon. Kaase is re-popping the Boss 9 heads (tweaked to work on a normal 429/460 block) and will be entering one in next year's EMC. They're gonna need wider doors on the dyno cell....

Ohhh - and I'll take a 500+ inch Ford SOHC with a set of stacks....

Comment

Twin turbo, EFI, big inch, all aluminum hemi, running twin plug heads, and stuff it all under the stock flat hood in my 69' dart on pump gas. I was to see at least 1200hp at the rear wheels.

Comment

efi-DIY is already building my dream combination - super badass GM Vortec I6. I think this engine can be the Toyota 2JZ killer!! Why fart around with a wimpy V-engine when you can do 1500+hp on a gasoline burning straight six?? not to mention these engines are junkyard cheap!

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Big Inch Hemi (600+ cubes) running a single 101mm snail pump gas friendly running 7's in my Dart.

Comment

I'd like a big bore, short stroke 428 Pontiac. All aluminum, of course. Top it off with twin turbo EFI and I might not even need to put it in a car. A revolving stand in the living room would work.

I can wake up now.
                              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Big, surprise, I'd go the Boss '9 route myself but with about 598 ci. and two appropraitely sized turbos that live under the back seat of the barge. Re-pop heads on my exisiting shortblock and an original set of Hilborn Can-Am injectors converted to EFI with a top side air box plus original valve covers. Ridiculous, yes, am I down with the sickness, yes. It will happen.
                                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                                X