Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks this could be cool? Any photoshop gurus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who thinks this could be cool? Any photoshop gurus?

Since the Gremlin I was looking at sold before I could get back up there, I've been scouting around for something else I don't need, and probably can't afford. Stumbled up on this and have been completely gaga over thinking what could be done with it. It's a1953 Chevy 2 ton truck. It was shortened WAY back when and had been used to haul mobile homes in the 60s and 70s. Am I the only person who thinks this could be cool? I'm thinking z the frame in the back and lower the shit out of it, all while keeping the 6 cylinder and granny four speed. Should I be commited??? Any one have ideas for it? I have no clue what I would actually use it for, but I've never let that get in my way before. ;D

Nik

Re: Am I the only one who thinks this could be cool? Any photoshop gurus?

The ride will be crap with that heavy of suspension with that short of a wheel base! Cool yes, do anything other than tow with... I don't know. Finish the Carryall!
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Nik, forget that lost cause and get to work on your Short Bus !!
      ;)

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
        Nik, forget that lost cause and get to work on your Short Bus !!
        ;)
        x2

I think the short bus would be way cooler.
        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Yeah your the only one ;)
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

IDK, lengthen the frame and turn it into a ramp truck....what can I say, I'm an enabler....
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Yes it would be cool to see.... someone else own it... :D
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Instead of Photoshop, go watch "Desparado." When El Mariachi calls for his bandmates, one of them shows up in a truck that looks exactly like that with a cut down pickup bed on it. That could give you some inspiration...

Comment

It won't go faster than about 50 mph, which is a good thing....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

It's called a "trailer toter", by the way.
                    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Here ya go Nik -
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Nik
                        Since the Gremlin I was looking at sold before I could get back up there, I've been scouting around for something else I don't need, and probably can't afford. Stumbled up on this and have been completely gaga over thinking what could be done with it. It's a1953 Chevy 2 ton truck. It was shortened WAY back when and had been used to haul mobile homes in the 60s and 70s. Am I the only person who thinks this could be cool? I'm thinking z the frame in the back and lower the shit out of it, all while keeping the 6 cylinder and granny four speed. Should I be commited??? Any one have ideas for it? I have no clue what I would actually use it for, but I've never let that get in my way before. ;D

Nik

change out the rear set up
                        for air bags and loose the duallies for some m/t steamrollers..
                        and a diamond plate tool box that is part of the bed.. with a stepside like tailgate..
                        tool box would be half storage/half fuel tank
                        tow'n your harley/ 4 wheeler or car to the track

Comment

Here's another pic from the rear -

Phil / Omaha

Comment

when in doubt,.. throttle out

Comment

How cool would it be to pull into the local cruise night with a fully furnished single-wide in tow? :D I'm thinking the kitchen would need more than just one fridge... ;D
                              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                              X