Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Hot Rod Fathers Day Weekend Spent with my Pop

Originally posted by milner351

where around the motor city do you call home?
    I live in Lovely Livonia, Schoolcraft & Middlebelt and I work in Farmington Hills, 12 Mile and Halstead. I hang out at the Sidetrack in Ypsi usually one night a week, very yummy burgers. Tomorrow night a group of us is going to Memphis Smoke In Royal Oak for blues and BBQ. In March I'll be at the Detroit Autorama with Big Olds upstairs. Do you normally attend? Where do you hang out?

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodLadyCrusr
      Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
      All I can say is "WOW"! :D You really know how to get a gals heart pumping! Thanks!

Cheaps 8)
      So, your a gal right? Where do you live?
      We're in b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l northern Colorado. ;) I heard stories about you last year on PT from Leon and Sharon. Not to worry, they were good stories! We'll meet sometime for sure. Cheaps 8)

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodLadyCrusr
        All I can say is "WOW"! :D You really know how to get a gals heart pumping! Thanks!

Cheaps 8)
        So, your a gal right? Where do you live?
        We're in b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l northern Colorado. ;) I heard stories about you last year on PT from Leon and Sharon. Not to worry, they were good stories! We'll meet sometime for sure. Cheaps 8)
        I love ColoRODo and will be passing thru next Aug on my way to B'ville for Speed Week. Depending on timing perhaps we could meet for lunch or dinner if your not too far from I80. It's going to be a bonzi trip out next year as I'm going to do it in one week instead of the normal two. We'll keep in touch.

Are you by chance going to attend the Saline, KS KKOA event the end of July?

Comment

Denise,
          we're darn near neighbors!

should you have the need to put a car up in the air in a heated shop this winter - drop me a line.

I may have to check out your favorite yummy burger spot sometime you're going to be there, I might even convince my wife to join us -
          I'm sure you can relate to her just how great cars are from a ladies perspective ... so far I've been somewhat unsuccessfull at that task - she has joined me for woodward a few times, and I drug her along on one leg of the power tour this summer.... but so far she's managed to stay unbitten by the hotrod bug - despite all my attempts!

I have a 351C powered ranger I'm going to drag race - it's an AT - I'm hoping she'll take me up on driving it a few times at Milan - she loves to drive fast, but she's not very detail oriented - so usually working on things together winds up being frustrating!
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
            Denise,
            we're darn near neighbors!

should you have the need to put a car up in the air in a heated shop this winter - drop me a line.
            Are you serious??!! I just might take you up on that offer. I need to do some major detailing of the undercarriage before the Detroit Autorama.

I do believe we'll be eating at Sidetrack's on Wed evening, night before Thanksgiving. We usually meet around 6:30 so if you and your lovely wife would like to join us we'd love to have ya. I'll talk her ear off about how much fun hot rods are. Does she scapbook by any chance?? ;D

Comment

Now quit! You two are gettin' me all nostalgic for my Michigan roots. I spent many a happy evening in Ypsi's Old Town. Be sure to catch the Museum - you'll see Doc Hudson there (one of Marshall Teague's old race cars) and other way cool stuff. Munched many a Sidetrack burger. As Stevie Ray said "Couldn't Stand the Weather" after the heart attack, so we're here in NC. Love it here, but we sure do miss our buddies, and knowing where all the streets go.

Denise - I think my old shop in A2 is largely unused - 9,000 lb Gilbarco in-ground hoist, and all you have to do is flip on the air compressor and turn up the t-stat on the furnace. I don't know how the new owners would feel about that, but they seem like nice folks. Milner's shop might be a better deal, though. Cool that you got in upstairs. One of my paint touch-ups got in years ago, and I was jazzed for years. It was my friend's 'Vette and came in second in late model modified sports. The car that beat us was the only non-Corvette in the category.

Have a burger for me
              Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                Now quit! You two are gettin' me all nostalgic for my Michigan roots. I spent many a happy evening in Ypsi's Depot Town. Be sure to catch the Museum - you'll see Doc Hudson there (one of Marshall Teague's old race cars) and other way cool stuff. Munched many a Sidetrack burger.

Did you know that GQ magazine rated the Sidetrack as one of the top 10 burger in in the country last year and their sweet potatoe fries are to die for. You might know this but every Thursday during the cruzn season they close the street in Depot Town for a cruz nite. That's normally the night we go BUT in the winter months we change it up abit. No matter the weather I always wander over to the museum and stick my nose against the glass and peek inside. Last may I led an all day "Mystery Cruz" and the Hudson Museum was one fo the stops. There were actually people on the cruz, from the westside, that didn't know the museum existed.

As Stevie Ray said "Couldn't Stand the Weather" after the heart attack, so we're here in NC. Love it here, but we sure do miss our buddies, and knowing where all the streets go.

If/when you come back we'll all have to get together for a night out.

Denise - I think my old shop in A2 is largely unused - 9,000 lb Gilbarco in-ground hoist, and all you have to do is flip on the air compressor and turn up the t-stat on the furnace. I don't know how the new owners would feel about that, but they seem like nice folks. Milner's shop might be a better deal, though. Cool that you got in upstairs. One of my paint touch-ups got in years ago, and I was jazzed for years. It was my friend's 'Vette and came in second in late model modified sports. The car that beat us was the only non-Corvette in the category.

Have a burger for me
                Dan
                Yeah, I'm pretty excited at the Autorama. Last time I was there was in the late 90's with my '47 Chevy convert. I guess I'm even more excited about just having my car "done" with a top, windows and interior after all these years and "showing it off" to friends and family. None of them thinking it would ever happen. : ;D

Comment

Denise

Let's try to make Wednesday work!
                  This should be fun!
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                  X