Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help!

Originally posted by cantvalve16
    Of course, it could be that your identity just isn't tied to your hobbies.
    The more of my identity I discover, the less interest I have in "passing the time" and "escaping from reality" with hobbies. I'm finding life so interesting and potentially short, and lately I have more and more of a desire to go out and see what can be accomplished when I really apply myself to a task rather than just do what I feel like doing at the moment. I want to work and study and experience things and learn about people's natural tendencies and generally be a benefit to society rather than a self-centered experience whore. I am finding that doing stuff for other people is quite rewarding.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Re: Help!

Find a poor person who needs a car to get to work. Fix their old one or find a reliable car and fix it up WITH (not FOR) them. You have used your car talents AND done a wonderful thing for someone who actually needs it. I'll bet your pastor can help find someone who really needs such help.

ME and I have done a couple of fund raiser concerts. One raised enough money to build a small home for a woman and her daughter in Jamaica. There is incredible poverty there. It took like $2500, I think. Anyhow, it's one of the best things we ever did and we got SO much more out of it than she did.

Good Stuff
      Dan

Comment

Working...
      X