X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I am an idiot

Argh.....I feel your pain.

Two quick stories.

A freind of my had just swapped out a 403 Olds in his 79 TA for a 400 Poncho. He stops by my house at about 11:00pm on a Saturday to pick me up for its maiden voyage. We proceed to the closest interstate and he romps on it(not a good thing to do after a fresh rebuild). At about 90, the hood had its own idea and blows off the car. We searched and never found the hood until the next day. It blew over an embankment and ended up in a trucking companies yard. Luckily the interstate was not busy. It was just sitting on the car, not fastened at all. Moron..............

Another freind of mine had a 70 Buick GS Stage 1. It was a real turd, a rust bucket (at least this is what we thought in 1980), I would love to have it now. We are cruising down a side street at about 2 in the morning on a Saturday, and the left wheel comes off. As we slid to the side of the road to a stop, without skipping a beat, he turns to me and sings " you picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel". We both about died laughing. The true tragedy of this story is that he traded the GS the next week for a Dodge Colt because it had a Blaupunkt with 4 infinity speakers. To this day I let him know what an a$$hole he was.

l have a couple towing misshap stories as well, but I will save them for another day.

Comment

Working...
    X