I didn't realize that VW was that big.

Re: Bad week for Toyota

Well, they are for now.
    Who knows about the future?
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

not here
      in USA - yoda is number 2 to the us govt .. umm I mean GM !!!
      VW sells the equivilant of kia

Comment

Jimmy's slingin' wrenches again....he's got his Mojo workin'
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

yeah, new VW was big but still suprised. ever seen there head office in Europe? Google it, pretty friggin cool
          "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

All this is true in some ways, and while GM had sold more vehicles , really who turned the bigger profit $ ? ,and also GM sales is down over 31% over last year same time ,while Ford is down just a tad over 20%.

Comment

didn't realize that there was that many rainbow bumberstickers in the world

Comment

volkswagan is the largest in europe, with i think renault right behind them, and ford third. opel (GM europe) is smaller.
                i'm not sure, but maybe tieota is in there somewhere.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I kinda doubt anyone at Toyota cares about their "size" as opposed to profitability. Once they had a loss, they quickly re-geared which is a heluva lot more responsibility to shareholders than any domestic manufacturer has ever shown.
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Yep, I agree. But I thought it was interesting, more for the fact that VW was #1 in volume. Now a good bit of what put them over the top was the soap opera absorption of Porsche.

We are living in some odd times.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                      I kinda doubt anyone at Toyota cares about their "size" as opposed to profitability. Once they had a loss, they quickly re-geared which is a heluva lot more responsibility to shareholders than any domestic manufacturer has ever shown.
                      junk ... for klunk .... exploiting the American worker with low pay ... toyota
                      their biggest shareholder is the Japanese government

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                        Originally posted by dieselgeek
                        junk ... for klunk .... exploiting the American worker with low pay ... toyota
                        their biggest shareholder is the Japanese government
                        Sounds like GM and the US government. ;)
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

seems to be accepted business practice
                          Commerce Secretary Gary Locke visited Kansas City, Missouri, to announce a $10 million grant for Smith Electric to build and deploy up to 100 electric vehicles, including vans, pickups, and their "Newton" brand medium duty trucks. In addition, Secretary Locke announced three other grants supporting manufacturing and educational programs in Missouri: a $30 million grant to Ford Motor Company supporting the manufacturing of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles in Kansas City and in Michigan

Comment

Working...
                          X