• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NY DMV Raising Rates again.

Originally posted by Page2171
    Originally posted by Pumpkin
    Originally posted by Page2171
    When the registration on my Silverado expired I took advantage of still being considered a WI resident and registered it in WI. Saved me about $300 for the year, and when I move to GA next summer I won't be associated with CA.
    Where abouts in Ga you moving to Page2171?
    I'm moving to Albany, Ga, down in the SW corner of the state. I've got orders to the Marine Corps Logistics Base there.

Roger that. It's going to be hot and humid as all get out down there, stay hydrated and Semper Fi

Hi-jack off
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Re: NY DMV Raising Rates again.

Should we talk about NY Snowmobile reggies, in eight years they have went form $10 to $100, or $45and have to join a club, of which is a min of $25. If you own one sled, thats $70 for something that they will only let you legally ride from Dec.22 to March31. If you don't join a club, to get the discount, its $100on each. The catch is that all the extra money from increase fee's doesn't make it back to the clubs because NY capped the dollar-per-mile that the clubs get years ago. For clubs to get more money, they have to add trail, which costs more to maintain, where is the benefit in that. The surplus goes into the general funds, as in state porkbelly's.

ATV's are still $10 a year but, have NO state areas to ride in. It's up to the County's of NY to set-up areas to use for riding, and some have. Mostly in Snowmobiling areas to bring income year round. Last that I had heard, NY has collected over $10 mill. in ATV reggys over the years without a cent going back to the hobby.

I guess our car reggys are cheap compaired to the left coast but, it stings when the G.O.V. gets in your pocket for the toys you enjoy.
      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Working...
      X