HANS news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HANS news

Court ordered discovery proves counterfeit HANS post anchor issue in IMPACT RACING Products' helmets is more far reaching than originally reported. HANS Performance Products is continuing its free anchor replacement program both direct and through its authorized dealer network. HANS Factory Trained Dealer, Racing Radios has been servicing the NASCAR teams and leading support in NHRA comes from Factory Trained Dealer Simpson Performance Products. Simpson CEO Chuck Davies said, "Like the people at HANS, we take safety very seriously. Racers trust our products and we're proud our trackside services are able to help racers."
    HANS CEO Mark Stiles said, "We didn't create this situation but it is vitally important that racers have full confidence in their HANS Device." He continued, "We have always been impressed with Simpson Performance Products' commitment to safety and service. They have helped tremendously to minimize any concerns our customers may have. " As the 2009 season comes to an end, HANS is encouraging all racers to make a special effort when they inspect their gear for the 2010 season. Details of the program, other information and program updates are available at hansdevice.com, by calling HANS direct at 1-888-HANS-999, or by contacting one of the 200 authorized North American HANS factory trained dealers nationwide.(

Re: HANS news

impact racing was selling aluminum anchors

Comment

Man, that's more bad press for Impact.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

nhra is checking them with a ... MAGNET !!!

Comment

If any of you guy's and gal's find or think you might have the questionable anchors. You can send them here to us @ Speed Service. We are the distrbutor for simpson in the midwest and are also fatory trained and sell hans equipment. If you have any questions please give us a call!. Have a great day

Comment

This is only an issue with Impact sold units, correct?

Ah hell, I'll check everything we have anyhow just to be safe.

Thanks for the heads up.

Bob

Comment

Bob, I am nearly 100% sure this is Impact only. Grab a magowitz and check your helmets so you can sleep though.

How sad is this for Bill Simpson. The bad press has been left and right.

Brian

Comment

Not looking to sling any mud, But if you go to Hans website it does have all the info you will need. If you have any questions please call me at 1-317-858-7733 Thanks Chuy

Comment

Chuy, looking out for the safety of racers' ain't mud slingin'.

Great tip.

Brian

Comment

the first post was from hans

Comment

And here I thought it sprang from the forehead of Spidey. ;D

Thanks again.

Comment

Brain,
                        The safety of racers is a big concern with Simpson race products. I have personally found bad anchors, The counterfeit anchors are not magnetic. Another way to tell is by the anchor base. The Hans logo is not real clear on it and also kinda crooked. I would say if you have a brand X helmet and it came with Hans post installed get it checked. I just try to refrain from the mud flinging because the counter suits are already flying around are neck of the woods. And brand X is right around the bend from us and I hear it first and very fast!.

Comment

Working...
                        X