New dragsters and nitro funny cars for overseas use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New dragsters and nitro funny cars for overseas use

Details are not available but here's the latest: Don Schumacher Racing has worked a deal where they are selling a total of four Top Fuel dragsters plus four Fuel Floppers for another (not Al-Anabi) Middle Eastern royal family.

This is great news, the USA is exporting. This is a new deal program, not from the Sheikh (the rich guy, Khalid Al Thani) of Qatar, but another group. 8)

Re: New dragsters and nitro funny cars for overseas use

Bobby, I was trying to work this lead at SEMA and also came away with the tid bit that there are 4 pro stockers in the mix as well. That came from a good source.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I sure like that drag racing American style is getting some action like this, we build them and sell them overseas, it can only be a good thing. Maybe some day the "World Finals" at Pomona will really be a world finals. ;D

Comment

I agree, but there's a large number of people out there who think that this is a very bad thing.

I can't see that side of the fight.

Brian

Comment

Brian, can you elaborate? I don't see how this is bad. If Schumacher can export that many cars, how can that not be good for his operation. New money, in any motorsport, is a good thing.

Comment

I should have been more clear. I don't think that there are people in the sport that think it is bad, but a large portion of the "fans and followers" category seems to think this is a horrible idea and the proliferation of the sport to a legitimate global level would be bad.

I can't figure out why that is.

There are a BUNCH of pro mod tuners, engine builders, and drivers who are making large dollars working for the arabian drag racing community.

Truth be told, Chad and I were at the table trying to work a deal to provide a live streaming broadcast of a race in Quatar this season. It didn't work out (no hard feelings, just wasn't something both sides could do) so it is not going to happen here at BS, but man, that's one hell of a frontier for the sport over there in my opinion.

Brian

Comment

I absolutely agree with you.

When I went to an EFI class there were several guys there from the middle east. They were into hill climbs and drag racing. Saw some pretty impressive videos of the vehicles they were working on.

Comment

Working...
              X