Dale Jr back in Victory lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dale Jr back in Victory lane

Give me back the days of Richard Petty with a rag in his mouth instead of a cool suit, Buddy Baker running over 200 on bias ply tires, tall wings on Superbirds with bigblocks and no restrictor plates! Not a bunch of cookie cutter cars that are identical except for decals, and definitely not a manufacturer who BOUGHT there way in and has NEVER even produced a pushrod V-8 (Toyota).

Give me the NHRA any day over Nascab.

Comment

Originally posted by mopower58
      and has NEVER even produced a pushrod V-8 (Toyota).

Careful, some one proved me wrong on that, they built some obscure ones in the 40's or something :
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I'll watch a few Races Especially the Daytona. I do not like the way thier Points Chase is Determined. Some Teams have Problems in the Beginning of the Year and get Better as the year goes on. And then some Teams Start Great and Finish So So. You can win and still not be in the Points Race because you did it at the wrong time of the year. Oh Well, time to go to the Track with Keith and get some fun. Besides that, they are SLower than LSR and so are Top Fuel Cars. Just Kidding. I could use some of the Horsepower they throw away.

Comment

Yep, the capitalists have taken over the sport just like everything else But where else can you see cars banging it out at 200 MPH. They are on the edge all the time, and not anyone can drive one of those cars competively, I dont care how many miles you have on the local dirt track. Most of the good drivers came up from some other form of racing be it off road, dirt track, open wheel. By the way I used to watch lots of open wheel till it got to where I couldnt pronounce their names. If nascar goes that direction Im giving it up too. Ive been caught snoozing during a race myself a few times but I still enjoy it.

Comment

I can't wait till the drivers drive the car by remote control from China and India, to save money.

Comment

1st problem With NAPcar. Too dang long 3hrs of racing and they are all on the same lap?for the most part.
              2nd problem Teams you need friends to win. So large teams have orders who can win and who helps.
              3rd problem POINT SYSTEM!! Start the same # of cars every race 34 cars = 34 points for first place one less per position... Points for leading laps=B.S.. The only lap that counts is the last lap which should not take 3 to 4 hours to finish. Those are my pennies dont like em ah hey they are just pennies everybodys gottem. ;D

Comment

One thing I'm going to miss is his good ol' boy image. Have you noticed he's clean shaven, neat hair and no more alcohol sponser. Seems to be going corporate America.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano
                  One thing I'm going to miss is his good ol' boy image. Have you noticed he's clean shaven, neat hair and no more alcohol sponser. Seems to be going corporate America.
                  Could it be that he is now sponsored by the National Guard? It seems all the guys with military sponsor always look like they are in the military. Short hair and clean shaven
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dezduster
                    1st problem With NAPcar. Too dang long 3hrs of racing and they are all on the same lap?for the most part.
                    2nd problem Teams you need friends to win. So large teams have orders who can win and who helps.
                    3rd problem POINT SYSTEM!! Start the same # of cars every race 34 cars = 34 points for first place one less per position... Points for leading laps=B.S.. The only lap that counts is the last lap which should not take 3 to 4 hours to finish. Those are my pennies dont like em ah hey they are just pennies everybodys gottem. ;D
                    Here's what's wrong with your pennies.
                    1 All the major sports take 3 hours to finish. Why should racing be different?
                    2 Everybody needs friends and it's not always your team mate. If there were team orders do you think Jr, Gorden, and Johnson would be on the same team? And who gets to win?
                    3 It may not be the best point system, but it sure seems to encourage racing. What other major racing has cars pass each other? Points for leading makes everyone want to lead.
                    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Regal
                      NASCAR has become the backround noise to my Sunday afternoon nap!
                      This was the only reasonable response to this thread.... ;D

Comment

Working...
                      X